⤿ part thirty four: how they hesitated

Harry Styles

Summer

*a bit mature (LMAO WHAT HELP AM I)

Harry knew that after today, he was going to have a massive sunburn.

Zayn had invited everyone he could've thought of at the University to his house for a pool party in celebrating the first long weekend of June.

Although they still had three weeks left of school, Zayn took this as a good sign.

Harry laid down on the lounge chair beside the pool, rubbing on an excessive amount of sunscreen.

Liam was on the barbecue, flipping burgers and sausages with Louis by his side, Niall was in the pool with typically everyone and Zayn had just come from inside with more burgers to flip.

Harry immediately caught up to Zayn, pulling his yellow swim shorts up.

"Hey love," Zayn said, turning around and pressing a kiss onto Harry's lips after eyeing Harry with a smile.

"Hi," Harry beamed. "You're making enough to feed a village,"

"Liam's gonna be grilling all day," Zayn said, looking over at the very muscular, shirtless Liam who was stood by the barbecue doing his thing.

"That's okay," Louis piped up. "He looks terribly attractive.."

Liam scoffed as he placed cooked burgers and sausages on a plate and handed it to Louis. "Yeah, yeah,"

Zayn passed Liam the rest of the frozen barbecue foods which Liam started immediately.

"How about we take a swim?" Zayn asked Harry, grabbing onto his hand.

"How about no," Harry shook his head, looking at all the bodies in the pool. "You're going to have to change all the water after that,"

Zayn rolled his eyes and pulled Harry's body closer to his. 

"You're adorable," Zayn said, pressing a kiss on the top of Harry's head. 

"Yeah," Harry nodded hesitantly, wiggling out of Zayn's grip and jumping into the deep end of the pool.

"Hell yeah Styles!" Niall yelled from the shallow end of the pool after downing some of his beer.

Once Harry surfaced, Zayn bent down at the edge of the pool.

Harry swam over to Zayn and smiled, moving his hair out of his face. 

"Thought you weren't swimming Harry," Zayn said, smirking.

"It's very refreshing if I do say so myself," Harry said. "If there weren't half naked girls and floating beer bottles around me, I think I'd be having a better time,"

Zayn chuckled. "Very true,"

"Why don't you come in?" Harry asked.

"I literally just asked if you wanted to swim and you said no," Zayn answered. "So I changed my mind,"

"Mm," Harry shook his head, and then pulled Zayn into the pool.

When Zayn reached above the water, he frowned at Harry as he treaded water wildly. "I barely fucking swim Styles!" He yelled before struggling to the shallow end and going to float beside Niall.

Niall grabbed a beer bottle from the side of the pool and opened it with his teeth.

"Too much today Horan," Zayn chuckled, gladly taking the bottle and downing some.