⤿ part forty six: how they broke

Harry Styles

Zayn laced one of his hands with Harry's underneath the table, and Harry could feel the heat radiating off his skin.

Yaser couldn't stop talking the entire night, which to Harry, made it easier for Zayn to keep his mouth shut.

Harry thought Yaser was completely oblivious to the fact that Zayn hadn't said a word.

As Zayn's father, wouldn't you notice that Zayn hasn't told you anything, wouldn't you assume that your son would want to share his life with you?

Harry thought Yaser was an utter idiot, until Yaser opened his mouth saying something Harry would've never guessed to come out of his mouth.

"Are you feeling alright Zayn?" Yaser questioned, putting his fork down.

Zayn blinked and finished the food that he had been chewing. "Uh, yeah," He hesitated, tightening his grip on Harry's hand.

Gladly, that was one thing Yaser did not notice.

"You've been quiet," Yaser said.

A point taken away from Harry.

"You haven't told me anything!" His father continued.

Another point Harry had. Gone.

"How are the girls at your Uni?" Yaser raised his eyebrows, smirking. "You told me you don't have a girlfriend, but I find that very hard to believe,"

Harry bit his tongue holding back.

He couldn't blame Yaser.

"No girlfriend," Zayn managed to say, bouncing his leg underneath the table.

Zayn's nervousness vibrated through the restaurant. Harry could feel the energy Zayn was letting off.

It was terrible.

Harry wanted to do something, he's never seen Zayn so nervous in his lifetime with him.

But he couldn't.

It wasn't his place.

"He's lying," Yaser concluded. "He's lying! Tell me Harry who is his girlfriend?"

Zayn looked at Harry, an emotions so serious in Zayn's eyes that Harry couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"Huh?" Yaser spoke, looking at Harry again who forced a nervous chuckle.

Hesitantly, Harry started. This was such a shit idea. He thought. Fucking bullshit.

"I mean, Zayn.. A girlfriend? I don't know.. He's got quite the girls on him but-"

Zayn quickly let go of Harry's hand and balled his fists, his fingernails digging into his skin.

"I'm fucking gay Dad," He called out a bit too loudly which caused those in the restaurant to shut up immediately and focus on Zayn.

In this moment, the silence was so loud that Harry's ears started ringing.

Zayn sat there, his heart pounding at such an unnatural pace, that Harry thought he heard it.

That wasn't even the best part.

The best part was the fact that Zayn's father sat there, his eyes on his son like he had seen a ghost. 

Yaser stared at Zayn like he was a stranger. There was something so new, so scared in Yaser's eyes.

Yaser looked at his own son as if he had never had a son in the first place.

Harry was going to explode.

At this point, low murmurs floated around in the air of the restaurant, any sense of Disney, gone.

"Now Zayn," Yaser hesitated, his eyes still wide open. "L-Let's not go overboard here with the joke,"

"I'm not," Zayn's voice cracked. "Dad I'm really not,"

Harry could feel Zayn's tears coming, and he watched as Zayn bit his lip to hold them back.

"Zayn, calm down," Yaser spoke through gritted teeth, then turned around to call a waitress. "Check please?" He snapped, and a waitress found her way over to the table immediately.

"Would you like the rest to be boxed up?" The waitress asked and Yaser shook his head.

"We'll be fine thanks," He looked like he was going to crack in half. "Check now please?"

"Right away sir," The waitress rushed off and seemingly, she was back in record time. 

Once Yaser had paid, he shot up and eyed Zayn harshly. "Let's go," He mumbled.

Zayn and Harry followed behind him.

They could hear the fireworks going off as they walked away from the Magic Kingdom.

Harry didn't even care right now.

Yaser hailed a taxi and the silence on the drive home was ear piercing. 

Once they had arrived Yaser paid the driver, quickly told him to keep the change and stayed silent on the walk up the path to their home.

Upon arrival, Yaser shut the door behind the two boys harshly and looked at Zayn.

Without thought, Zayn clutched Harry's hand tightly right where Yaser could see.

Yaser tensed up.

"Have you forgotten how to fucking speak?" Zayn questioned frowning.

Although in this moment Zayn seemed confident, Harry could feel him shaking due to how tight his grasp was.

"Don't you ever speak to me that way," Yaser spoke in a low, shaky voice. "You embarrassed me! In front of all of those goddamn people!"

Zayn's jaw tightened. Harry held him tighter.

"This.. This is what you've turned into?!" He croaked, unable to speak.

Harry was through the roof.

"So what are you Harry?" Yaser questioned, starring down at their hands. "Who the hell are you?"

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Zayn quickly answered.

"My boyfriend Dad," Zayn breathed. "My boyfriend,"

There it was. Harry thought, gently letting go of Zayn's hand. There it was.

Yaser raised his eyebrows. "Well,"

Harry wanted to yell. Harry had so, so much to say.

But he couldn't say any of it.

He was stuck in silence.

Yaser didn't even budge. He simply turned around and walked towards the kitchen.

He didn't look back, and in that moment, Harry wanted to punch him.

Harry wanted to punch him straight in the nose.

How could you turn your back on your son like that? Harry wanted to scream.

Instead, he stayed quiet like he had been, and turned to Zayn who stood shocked.

"Hey.." Harry soothed, reaching for Zayn's arm.

Quickly, Zayn moved out of Harry's grip and swung the front door open sinking down right on the porch, his knees puled up to his chest.

Harry watched Zayn break down, Harry had never seen Zayn this hurt.

Zayn looked broken.

Harry gently closed the door and stepped outside with Zayn sitting beside him.

Zayn sunk into Harry's arms immediately.

Within the hour and a half that the two boys were outside in the darkness, Yaser didn't come out once.

Harry could hear Zayn's heart breaking.

a/n: Bitches y'all happy?

- Alexis !!