⤿ part forty two: how they imagined

Harry Styles

*mature

"Zayn told me that he's going to come out to his dad when I'm with him in Florida," Harry spoke, looking up at the starry sky that night.

The three were huddled in sleeping bags in Perrie's backyard just a day before Zayn was to come back from St Lucia. Perrie's family was out, which left the three for the night.

"He did?" Leigh Anne sat up, causing Perrie to sit up as well.

Slowly, Harry got up and nodded. "Yeah,"

"What are you gonna do?" Perrie asked, grabbing a hold of Leigh Anne's hand.

"I don't know.." Harry said. "I guess just be there,"

"He's gonna need you," Perrie said. "And on top of all that, you don't know how he's gonna react,"

"Which is bullshit," Leigh Anne added in. "He should just say okay I love you son, and move the fuck on,"

"True," Harry smiled. "But still it sucks that this is something he has to worry about,"

"Every call he seems tense," Perrie pointed out. "I feel terrible for him,"

"He doesn't want anyone feeling bad for him," Harry sighed. "When I was in his room with him when his dad called, he told me he was going to come out to him like it was nothing, but I could tell he was so nervous and unsure about it all,"

"Damn," Leigh Anne let go of Perrie's hand and laid back down. "Zayn is really strong,"

"Everyone says that," Harry frowned.

"If he disguised himself as a straight male for like, his entire life, he'll be like.. Half fine," Leigh Anne assured Harry. 

"That was shit," Harry said. "That was terrible,"

"What she means to say is that Zayn is strong. And because he has you that makes him stronger. So we think you'd help him get through it if anything to the extreme was to happen," Perrie quickly corrected Leigh Anne, and flicked her jokingly on the cheek.

"Yeah," Harry sighed. "Hopefully,"

"Do you not have a little faith in your boyfriend?" Leigh Anne asked, annoyance in her tone.

"I do!" Harry frowned. "But I'm scared.. Like.. I don't know I feel like me being there is a huge responsibility,"

"It is," Perrie said. "But it's not like it's challenging or whatever. You just need to be there. To give him the support he needs,"

Nodding, Harry murmured a couple of mm's here and there, but really he only had Zayn on his mind.

The good and bad.

"How about we watch a movie?" Leigh Anne said, cutting Perrie off mid sentence.

"Hey!" Perrie gave Leigh Anne a gentle shove. "I wasn't finished,"

"To me you were," Leigh Anne smiled and pulled Perrie into her arms.

"Here, guys I'll be right back.. Get the snacks and we can watch the movie in your room Pez?" Harry spoke quickly, grabbing phone and his earbuds, getting up in a hurry.

"What's the rush?" Questioned Leigh Anne who shot Harry a confused look.

"I just need to go to the washroom," Harry said. "I'll just.. I'll meet you in Perrie's room,"

And with that, Harry was off, hurriedly to the bathroom on the main floor. 

Upon arrival, he locked himself inside and sat against the door plugging his earbuds into his phone, dialling Zayn's FaceTime immediately.