⤿ part sixteen: how they felt

Zayn Malik

That's when it hit Zayn.

He was coming out of his last class of the day with Niall by his side, and it really hit him.

Hard.

He liked Harry, he really did. But with his background, his family.

He couldn't be gay. He couldn't, it was impossible.

And it never left his mind, the fact that he may never get married to a woman, and have a family the way his family would've wanted.

"You okay lad?" Niall asked, concerned by the look on Zayn's face.

He was pale, and as quickly as possible, he leaned on the nearest window sill.

"I feel sick," He muttered, feeling his forhead. "I'm sick, I'm dying,"

"You're fine Zayn," Niall touched Zayn's forhead after Zayn did. Regular temperature.

"No I'm not," Zayn shook his head. "I like Harry," He stated, causing Niall to laugh.

"Okay and?"

"I can't be gay," He whisper-shouted. 

"Well I don't think there's such thing as Harry-sexual," Niall laughed at his own joke, then brought himself back to reality. "But, if you're sure you don't like girls.. Then?"

"Niall I think I'm gay," Zayn nodded. "I am gay,"

"Congrats for coming out of the closet then dear old buddy," Niall pat Zayn's shoulder. 

Zayn still wasn't feeling okay. He felt like throwing up.

His head was spinning, it was going everywhere.

"Zayn?" Niall starred at Zayn, whose face was completely blank. 

Zayn didn't answer, he starred forward as if he couldn't hear anything Niall was saying.

"Zayn, don't play games," Niall waved his hand in front of Zayn's face, but didn't get any response.

"Niall?" Zayn questioned, as if he had no idea where he was.

In his head, he was sure he didn't know where he was.

"Yeah Z, it's me.." Niall had absolutely no idea what to do.

It took Zayn a second, but when he finally tried to stand up, he immediately fell to the ground, unconscious. 

~

When Zayn woke up, he could see Niall over him with Liam by his side.

"That was the scariest shit ever," Niall spoke, giving Zayn a squeeze on his shoulder.

Zayn shook Niall off, and blinked.

"Did I die?" Zayn questioned, clearly still taken aback from earlier.

"You're alive Zayn," Liam said assuringly. 

"Where's Harry?" Zayn tried to sit up, but he really didn't have the strength needed to sit himself up.

"He's awake?" Zayn heard a voice from across the room. 

It was Nurse Ada, who came over and smiled down at Zayn.

"Hey Zayn, how're you feeling?" She asked, her voice soft.

"Did a curly haired boy come by?" Zayn asked, trying to look around.

Nurse Ada shot Liam and Niall a confused look, but Niall jumped in quickly.

"Actually, he's waiting outside," Niall said. "Do you want him?"

"We can call him for you Zayn," Liam promised, turning to the door.

"We can't have too many people in here, so while this mysterious lad steps in, would you two mind stepping out?" Nurse Ada asked Liam and Niall who nodded without hesitation. 

"Of course, we'll wait outside," Liam nodded, dragging Niall by his arm.

"Outside, yeah right here!" Niall grinned, leaving the room.

"I'll step out as well then Zayn?" Nurse Ada questioned, soothingly.

Zayn was getting tired of hearing her voice, so he quickly said yes and watched as she stepped out before Harry entered.

"Hi Zayn," Harry waved. "Uh, I heard you fainted?"

"Yeah, I guess," Zayn spoke groggily. "You waited?"

"I waited," Harry confirmed, sitting down beside Zayn's bed. "I was kind of scared. Because Niall said that one minute you were fine, and the next minute you were on the floor,"

"I don't know.." Zayn bit his lip. "I think my brain exploded,"

This got a laugh out of Harry which made Zayn's heart beat ten times faster, which probably wasn't good for him at this point.

But he didn't mind.

"Your brain didn't explode!" Harry grinned. 

"But it literally felt that way," Zayn said. "I had so many thoughts, and then bam! I was dead,"

"Dead," Harry scoffed. "You're sitting here talking to me right now, how could you be dead?"

"Afterlife," Zayn smirked. "Maybe you're in my afterlife,"

"Bullshit Zayn, we're all still alive," Harry stood up, and pressed his hand against Zayn's forhead.

Cue butterflies.

"You feel fine," Harry stated, and Zayn took that more seriously than he would if Nurse Ada told him so.

"Thank you doctor Styles," Zayn felt as if Harry had re-powered him. 

"No problem Mr Malik," Harry smiled, playing along. "We'll have our next checkup tonight over dinner?"

It took Zayn a minute, but once it hit him, he felt like he was going to faint again.

"Over dinner?" Zayn questioned. "O-Of course doctor Styles, I'll be there at-"

"Seven," Harry was at the door at this point. "Meet me at my dorm at seven,"

Before Zayn could answer, Harry had disappeared out the door.

Niall and Liam ran into the room, freaking out.

"We'll have our next checkup over a fucking dinner?!" Niall called, grinning like crazy.

"That's kinky as fuck," Liam said, which cued laughter between him and Niall. 

"Liam what the fuck?!" Niall couldn't stop laughing at this point.

Zayn's cheeks were bright red. "How'd you hear that?"

"Those are literally sheets of glass," Niall pointed over to the windows, looking into the nurses office. "We could hear everything,"

"You two flirt hardcore," Liam shook his head. "More than Louis and I flirt, and that's a lot to say,"

Niall pointed at Liam, agreeing. "True, true,"

Zayn was flustered and had absolutely no words. 

It was quiet for a moment, Zayn still utterly speechless.

"So wait..?" Niall trailed off. "Does this mean that you and Harry have a doctor kink?"

This cued more laughter, Zayn wanting to drown in the little bed he was laid in.

a/n: YALL DOUBLE UPDATE IM SORRY IT JUST HAPPENED?? FILL CHAPTER BC Z AND H ARE GOING ON A FUCKING DATE???

Anyways I should probably go, double updates are a hella treat

I love you guys ;)

- Alexis!!