⤿ part forty five: how they were alright

Zayn Malik

Zayn watched his father intently on the bus to Disney.

He watched his fingers, how tapped away at his phone and when his phone rang Yaser spoke the same introduction always started with.

Yaser Malik, owner and founder of Malik's Law. How may I help you?

Even though Zayn and Harry were sat next to each other, they texted back and forth because the things they wanted to express couldn't be said out loud just yet.

Zayn felt almost trapped, in such a small bubble that prevented him from doing anything he wanted. He longed to feel Harry's skin against his, he longed for the taste of Harry's cherry red lips.

He felt so far away from Harry, even though he was sat right next to him.

"I've got a few things to take care of, so I'll meet you two at the castle at 7? Before dinner? So that gives you the rest of the day to go on rides and whatnot," Yaser spoke, finally putting his phone down. "You know me, I'm too old to do any of those rides anymore!" He laughed at his statement, causing Zayn and Harry to force a laugh as well.

"We'll be able to see the fireworks, right?" Zayn questioned, just before Yaser quickly picked his phone up once again.

"Yes," Yaser began tapping away once more, Zayn rolling his eyes.

Harry kneed the side of Zayn's leg a couple of times, and finally when Zayn turned, Harry frowned.

"What?" Zayn mouthed.

"Are you alright?" Whispered Harry who flipped his phone over.

Zayn exhaled and forced a smile. "Never been better," 

Sighing, Harry turned his phone back on an shot Zayn a quick text.

From Harry: Are you sure?

Zayn didn't answer, instead, he turned his phone around and looked the opposite way for the rest of the ride.

Once the Disney bus had arrived, everyone was let off and on their way to the ferry that took them across to the Magic Kingdom. 

The two boys sat far away from Zayn's father, as he was on the lower level on the ferry, and the two were on the upper level.

Once sitting down, Zayn looked out at the lake.

"What happened Z? We're going to Disneyland," Harry spoke, placing his hand on Zayn's thigh cautiously

To Harry's surprise, Zayn quickly turned and placed a kiss against his lips.

The couple sat in front of them gazed at them in awe once the two parted.

"You two are adorable," The wife said, looking to her husband who had their little girl sat on his lap.

Harry chuckled. "Thank you,"

"Two boys can kiss?" The little girl asked, looking up at her father anxiously who nodded.

"Two boys can kiss," He confirmed. "You can kiss whoever you want to kiss,"

The little one starred at the two boys, dazed. "Wow," She grinned, a toothy smile. "I want to kiss a boy!"

The wife laughed, but the husband raised his eyebrows. "Not soon you won't be,"

This caused Zayn, Harry and the wife to laugh.

Once arriving, Zayn and Harry scanned their passes and were let into the park.

Before Zayn put his phone into his backpack, he shot his Dad a quick text saying that they had gotten into the park.