⤿ part thirty five: how they fought

Zayn Malik

"There's like a minute until this year ends," Niall said, coming into Zayn's room a week after Zayn's pool party.

Two weeks left.

"And?" Zayn frowned, looking up from his study books.

Niall ignored, stepping into Zayn's room and closing the door behind the two. "Can I ask you a question?" Plopping down on Zayn's bed, he watched as Zayn turned around on his spinning chair.

"What?" Zayn asked, annoyance in his tone. "I'm studying,"

"Take a break," Niall seemed a bit shaken up as he ran his hands on Zayn's sheets.

"The fuck is wrong with you Horan?" Zayn slammed his book shut and took his glasses off. 

It took him a second, but once it came out. It was out.

"What's up with Harry?"

Zayn squinted his eyes at Niall. "Why the hell are you asking that?"

"Have you not noticed shit?" Niall questioned, getting a bit more angry. "He's being weird,"

"Don't be rude," Zayn said, clenching his fists.

"No, no!" Niall shook his head. "Not like that! I don't know he was drinking a lot at your party, and lately you two have been.. Getting on it.. A lot.." He trailed off.

"First of all," Zayn started. "Who the hell cares if he drinks a little more? And that was like a week ago anyways, so..? And second of all, shouldn't that be a good thing?"

"But Zayn.." Niall sighed. "He hasn't been coming around a lot either.. Unless you two are doing something.. I don't know I think you should talk to him I'm getting a weird vibe from this,"

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Since when are you a psychic?"

Niall chuckled. "Well!" He started sarcastically but quickly terminated the joke. "Anyways, just talk to him,"

"Okay, bye," Zayn spoke quickly before turning back around and putting his glasses back on. 

Niall sat there for a second, then soon after left the room. 

~

"Okay, we're confirmed going to St Lucia," Liam piped up, passing Zayn his mac to show him the flights.

"What the fuck is economy class?" Zayn asked, laughing. "This is bullshit, put in first class,"

"But Zayn it's cheaper and we're already spending a helluva lot of money on the hotel and excursions," Niall said. 

"Calm down," Zayn said. "My treat,"

"No, no, no," Liam shook his head. "No treats, absolutely no treats,"

"Come on Liam, it's my gift to you for getting through one more year of Uni. Two more to go!"

"Damnit Zayn," Niall sighed, changing economy class to first class. 

"Thank you," Zayn spoke, getting up from their kitchen table. "Now I'm going to Harry's dorm,"

"Surprise, surprise," Liam said, scoffing.

"Remember what I said Z!" Niall called watching Zayn pull his Gucci slides on and leaving the room his phone shoved into his back pocket.

Exhaling, Zayn left the room and as soon as he closed the door, he could hear Niall and Liam's murmurs filling the inside of the dorm.