25: Truth

"You did that to yourself, like you used to." 

Nagisa's eyes widened as he processed the words.

"But you! I had your-" Nagisa sputtered incoherent word jumbles.

"You really think Karasuma-sensei would actually wipe my mind?"

FLASHBACK

Karasuma walked to the Akabane manor and knocked on the door. A minute later Karma opened the large door.

"Hey, Karasuma-sensei. Need something? Is Nagisa okay?" Karma asked, worried about his boyfriend.

"Nagisa is... fine. I actually came to speak with you about something concerning him."

Karma motioned for Karasuma to come inside.

"Is everything alright?"

"No, it's not. Nagisa wants me to use a device owned my the government to wipe your memories of ever knowing him."

Karma's eyes widened.

"He says it's because he thinks that if you don't remember him, you won't get hurt."

"But that's idiotic! I'm fine! I don't want to forget him! I WON'T LET YOU!" Karma yelled, standing up.

"I never said I was actually going to the procedure, Karma-kun."

Karma froze in confusion.

"Then why are you here?"

Karasuma sighed before speaking. "I'm here to ask you if you'll pretend to forget Nagisa, just for a month so he can realize his mistake."

Karma paused to think it over.

"And if he realizes his mistake earlier than one month or tells me what he did?"

"You act accordingly."

Karma made a decision.

"I'll do it."

END FLASHBACK

Karma gave a basic explanation of what happened.

"So all that time... you were lying?" Nagisa cried. Karma nodded before moving back onto the topic at hand.

"And I see you were such an idiot you resorted to creating your own scars since your mother wasn't there to make any for you." Karma glared as Nagisa paled.

"I-I..."

"Nagisa-kun, why did you cut yourself?" Kataoka asked.

Nagisa didn't answer.

"Nagisa-kun, we aren't going to think of you any differently." Isogai comforted.

Nagisa looked away before responding.

"I did all of this work to keep you safe... and the whole time you were lying to me! I never made any progress even though I went through all that pain!" Nagisa sobbed, his eyes flaring yellow as he snapped his head back to his classmates.

Karma was shocked as he was mercilessly shoved to the side as Nagisa sprinted from the room.

Everyone was in too much shock to follow him.

After said shock wore off, those who had been in the room with Nagisa went back to the classroom.

Nagisa wasn't in the room, but they decided he just needed some time to process and reset.

After one class period, Irina walked into the room and noticed her son was not there.

"Has anyone seen Nagisa?" She asked. Everyone shook their head.

"He just found out that Karma-kun had been lying to him, he's probably just thinking out in the woods." Isogai consoled the worrying mother. She wasn't happy with it, but she had a class to teach, so that she did.

Nagisa didn't show up the rest of the school day.

"Okay, we've given him long enough, where is he?!" Karma exclaimed, shooting up from his desk.

Unbeknownst to all in the class, Nagisa had, in fact, run into the forest to think.

Climbing up a tree, he sat on a high branch and leaned up against the central trunk. Listening to the sounds of nature, he allowed himself to be lost in though, eyes glazing over and turning slitted as was their new natural state. A gentle wind blew past and Nagisa shivered a little bit, but he enjoyed the light presence on his sensitive scales, so he sat motionlessly to allow the wind to keep hitting the scales.

Around an hour or two later, Nagisa snapped from his thoughts when he heard someone walking below him. Keeping himself out of view of whoever was down there, he glanced down.

He saw a woman with dark blew hair in an orange jumpsuit.