41: Information

Karma awoke to his husband shifting in his arms, though seemingly still asleep. The sun shining in through the window told Karma it was morning, and happily Karma remembered he had the day off, and Iyuka would be staying with Manarou until at least 14:00. Karma smiled to himself as he buried his nose into Nagisa's hair, the blue-haired man letting out a quiet, unconscious noise of contentment as the two cuddled closer together.

Karma stayed in bed, drifting along the line between sleep and consciousness for nearly an hour before Nagisa stirred once more, awaking with a yawn which showed off his two pronounced canine teeth Karma had grown to find adorable.

Nagisa blinked open hazy blue eyes which lowly lit up with recognition of who he was looking at. Nagisa pressed a soft kiss onto Karma's chin, which Karma returned with his own kiss to Nagisa's forehead.

The two remained in close contact for another few minutes before Karma broke the comfortable atmosphere.

"We should probably get up-- see if any of the leads you called knew anything about Takahashi-san."
Nagisa groaned slightly and pressed his face into Karma's chest before nodding.

The two got up and dressed before walking to Nagisa's assassination room. The door opened up with a swish after Nagisa registered both a hand and eye scan.

The room wasn't the largest in the house by any means, but it certainly wasn't a closet either. Nagisa had one wall devoted to pictures and information on his current targets, along with deadlines and notices for himself, while another wall was covered by his desk and multiple computers, several of which controlled the security for the house, and all of which ran on their own server with as much possible protection against hacking there was.

The whole room was lit with a  dim light-- bring enough to see, but dark enough for Nagisa to vanish into the shadows of the room if needed.

Nagisa strode over to the main desk and sat in his plush chair, while Karma pulled the extra chair Nagisa kept for him from the corner to sit next to him. The computer booted up and required several passwords before finally allowing access into the documents.

Nagisa quickly sifted through the information he was given, weeding out the fluff reports created just to get the God of Death off their case. Nagisa rolled his eyes as the overly formal language each member of his syndicate used when speaking to him.

"Ah, here we go." Nagisa murmured as he pulled up a message which was actually useful. "Turns out one of the men hired by Takahashi also works for me. His fear and loyalty to me appears to be greater than whatever money Takahashi gave him. He says Takahashi has them all trying to get records from 3-E, and he hears rumors that they might try and get information from Otou-san." Nagisa murmured, loudly enough for Karma to understand, though.

Karma nearly laughed out loud at the thought of people going after Karasuma. "Karasama might be getting older but he sure isn't slacking. He's still superhuman as usual." 

Nagisa chuckled at that. "The source isn't very high up, though, but he also provided information on some of the higher up members along with the location of the main area Takahashi provided for his men to work. Wow-- he's going to a lot of effort just to try and take you down, Karma. What did you get yourself into this time?" Nagisa said.

"Oh you know, the usual. Political corruption gives people money, and when I take them down they get mad. I shut down one of Takahashi's major business partners recently- he's not getting any more money from them so he's throwing the normal hissy fit."
Nagisa rolled his eyes, again. "Yeesh, people and their money. Though I guess the two of us are hypocrites seeing as, well," Nagisa motioned vaguely around the expensive setup.
Karma chuckled to himself before skimming the email himself.

"Hm- Yama Kazunishi is a name I recognize, and he's quite far up the chain, eh? I'm pretty sure he works at my office- in the IT deparment. I'll see if I can get any information on how much they know tomorrow."