25: Date Night

(A/N) So apparently it ended up like 3000 words-ish and so yeah, enjoy. Also sorry if the formatting is weird and you can't comment or something. I'm (Starling) out in the mountains so I don't have wifi so I had to write the chapter on a notepad my computer has. So the formatting may be off. I'll fix it once I'm back home.

Hope you enjoy!

---------------------

Progress was slow, but there was in fact progress. Iyuka began to feel more confident in her safety, and soon stopped asking to check the locks every time.

At the moment, Karma had taken Iyuka to the park to meet up with Manarou while Nagisa did a quick job. It wasn't about the money, Karma made more than enough of that. It was more to do with bloodlust. Nagisa hadn't been losing any bloodlust over the years, and he preferred to let it out periodically rather than bottling it up and allowing it to explode every now and then.

Iyuka had a massive little smile on her chubby adorable face as she and Karma neared the park.

"Mana-nii!" She called out, detatching herself from Karma to run over and give her dark-skinned friend a hug. Manarou's eyes lit up as the small form which was Iyuka tumbled into him.

"Iyu-chan!"

The two laughed as they hugged happily before removing themselves from one another. "Wanna play tag?" Manarou offered. Iyuka smirked before putting her hand on Manarou's shoulder and declaring "you're it" and running off into the park.

Manarou giggled as he ran after Iyuka, who had darted under the playground, using her smaller size to her advantage, slipping through tunnels and through bars with ease. Manarou chased after her intently before deciding to run to the left while she went right. He managed to bump into Iyuka where his path met hers, and he playfully booped her nose before running off once more.

Isogai Yuuma and Akabane Karma watched their children play with fond smiles on their faces.

"Iyuka-chan is getting along well with Mana-chan." Yuuma smiled. Karma nodded.

"Thank you for coming out here so often. I know you and Hiroto-kun are a bit busier these days."

Yuuma waved his hand in a "it doesn't matter" gesture. "After what Iyuka-chan went through, both Hiro and I want to help her as much has we can. And if letting her meet up with Mana-chan is the way to do that, by all means. We can make time."

Karma smiled. "Thank you Yuuma-kun."

Yuuma returned the smile. "So, how's Nagisa-kun? Still in the same business as E Class?" He asked, disguising his words.

"Yeah, he's on a job right now. Nothing big, just something to get some action. With Iyu-chan in the house he's been taking a job every month or so to get out so he never scares her."

Yuuma nodded. "I see. Does she know about his other side?"

"Mhm. We told her a few nights into her living with us. It wasn't practical to keep it from her. She's a smart girl though, she won't tell anyone. She also knows Nagisa's job too. After Takaoka and all it was best to just explain."

"I see... Takaoka-sensei was a horrid person, wasn't he. Going so far just for revenege, when all Nagisa-kun did was protect us. I'm glad Nagisa-kun won back in E Class though... I still remember the bruise Takaoka-sensei left on Hiroto back then. Though I do wish he hadn't gone so far..."

"Don't we all. He was sick. Seems that makes four people in Nagisa's life that were. I just wish he could finally be done with people having ill-will towards him, but I doubt fate is so kind."