57: Therapy, Again

BEFORE WE START! The Editors and I made a discord server for anyone who wants to join! It'll be fun to chat with any of you guys who want to come to the server. We have channels for Karmagisa, Boku no Hiro Akademia, and other animes too, so it's not limited to talking about this fanfic! Come hang out with us, we'd love to get to know you!   

 https://discord.gg/YTSpKra

And dont worry if it's been months since this chapter has been uploaded, please, join in. We just want to make a safe community for Karmagisa lovers and anyone who wants to get to know us to be able to chat!

Side note: Happy birthday Nagisa!

After a while of Karma comforting and reassuring Nagisa that everything was alright and that everyone is safe, they decided it was time to take everyone to their respective rooms. Misui and Yumi were the easiest but the problem occurred when they had to move Miki. At first Nagisa wanted to simply move them to their room, Karma was against it. Their room was too close to Iyuka's. So, they decided to move him to a room as far away from everyone else.

"Now what?" Asked Nagisa. His stress was still relatively high. He knew that some of the lower-level assassins referred to him as a God, even outside code names, but he would never expect it to reach these kinds of levels.

"I'll look into some therapists," Karma sighed, "If I remember our class like I think I do, I believe Megu wanted to be a therapist. I wonder if she's willing? She's someone we could trust to tell the whole story without needing to code our words."

Nagisa nodded. It would be better if they were able to see someone who knows of Nagisa's past. They wouldn't want to spend an entire session just talking about Nagisa's past, instead of helping Miki.

Megu's office was smaller than the therapist that Nagisa and Karma had taken Iyuka too, but it was no less homey. Megu had white noise machines all around the place, keeping anything said in her room unhearable from the outside.

The waiting room had a large couch and a small coffee table with some magazines llaying around. Besides the couch was a small area for making a cup of tea, all calming flavours.

Miki sat on the couch awkwardly as they waited for their appointment. Nagisa sat next to them. There were about five minutes left before their session.

"I know you're nervous Mikkun, but it'll be alright. This time is just going to be chatting with Megu-chan so she can get to know you. I knew her back in junior high, she's a good person and already knows all about me." Nagisa consoled.

"I know that Nagisa-sama--" Miki said, missing the wince Nagisa gave at the honorific, "but I can't help but still be confused! I mean... why do I need to see Megu-sensei? I... I understand that you think I need to talk about how I view you, but I'm not wrong!"

Nagisa sighed, "And that's exactly why we are here."

Before Miki could speak, the door opened and Megu politely walked her previous client out.

"I'll see you next week Kuyumi-kun. Say hi to your mother for me." Megu murmured before turning to Nagisa and Miki.

"Nagisa-kun, it's been so long. This must be Miki-san, it's wonderful to meet you. I'm Kataoka Megu, but you can call me Megu-sensei." Megu introduced. "Let's go to my office, shall we? Nagisa-kun, are you joining us this first time or is it just Miki-san?"

"Both of us for right now, but all the other sessions will just be Mikkun." Nagisa explained as they sat down in Megu's office.

The room was dimly lit--light enough to comfortably see, but not bright enough to be annoying on the eyes. A window sat next to the chair Megu sat in, a little in front of the couch Nagisa and Miki sat on. The blinds were closed, so a soft light from outside made it's way in but nobody could see in or out. Some books and toys, along with a basket of plush animals and fidget items sat to the far side of the room.

"So, let's get to know each other. As I said I'm Megu-sensei. I use she/her pronouns, what about you?" Megu asked, calmly.

"I'm Kumoko Miki, but please call me Mikkun. I use they/them pronouns, thank you for asking about them. Most people just assume." Miki shyly admitted.

"I try my best to be inclusive these days. You never know who would walk through those doors. Now, Nagisa-kun tells me you two are in here because of some assassination business. Do you want to talk about that?" Megu asked.

"Well, it's just... I don't know why I'm here, fully. Nagisa-sama is the "God of Death" but when I treat him like the God he is he's... unhappy." Miki said.

"I see. What do you mean by "treating him like the God he is"?"

"Well, I mean I use the correct honorifics for him, and I always do as he tells me because he's always right."

"Mikkun, you yelled at Misui twice for making jokes about my strength." Nagisa cut in.

"But she was being so rude! She called you weak and you aren't! She has no idea what you can do and she was acting like she was better than you!" Miki snapped out.

Megu nodded to herself as she jotted down a few notes. "I see... anything else?"

"Well... Sometimes I'll talk in my head about asking Nagisa-sama for strength, and in my room I have a small shrine, but those are small things."

Megu hummed. "Alright, I can see you have a lot of feelings about this. And that's okay, it makes sense. I'm glad you are here, though. Anyone can benefit from therapy, you don't have to be "broken" or in need of professional help to get something out of it. At the very least, I hope our meetings can be a safe place for you to talk."

"That... sounds nice." Miki murmured, turning their face towards their lap as they played with their hands.

"How about we talk about the things you like for now, hm? Get to know each other."