15: White

"This isn't possible!" Rage crawled out of Shiro's throat similar to a way a wild beast would for their prey.

"Sir! Please calm down!" The young female was scared, not only for Shiro's mentality, but for her own safety as well.

SLAP

The poor girl's legs shook as she lifted a quivering hand up to her cheek. Waves of pain swept in and out like the tide, the sound echoing along the walls of the laboratory from his abuse.

"I DON'T NEED TO CALM DOWN YOU USELESS WHELP! I NEED TO THINK OF A PLAN!" His voice was sharp as a knife.

"U-Understood."

The man stomped over to his lab desk and threw a closed vial at his assistant.

"Pump that into his house as a gas. Then bring him to me before sunrise. Failure...will not be tolerated, you hear that Misui-san?."

"Yes, sir."

Misui bowed before skittering out of lab and running to her small office to get all she needed.

Looking outside, there was at most 3 hours before the sun rose. She could only hope the boys were both asleep by now, and she didn't get caught.

She knew she was doomed no matter what she did.

At the Karmagisa House

Karma and Nagisa had decided to go to sleep early, falling asleep around midnight, give or take. It was about 2 in the morning when Nagisa's eyes flew open and he turned to see a canister pumping gas into the room.

He was quickly getting sluggish, cursing himself for not catching this earlier.

By the time he made it to the gas, Karma was already unconscious, more so than sleeping, that is. Nagisa picked up the canister and threw it out the slightly open window before he too fell unconscious.

When Nagisa awoke, he was tied down on some kind of table. Looking at the bindings, he instantly knew whoever had kidnapped him was smart, as the bindings were metal cuffs that covered his entire hand perfectly, and there were more straps of metal holding his torso, thighs, ankles, elbows, chest, and neck. He could hardly move a centimeter.

"I see you're awake."

Nagisa turned his eyes to the suspiciously familiar voice, eyeing a man clad fully in white.

"Shiro." He spat, not having the respect to use honorifics.

"As impudent as your teacher and his before him I see." Shiro glared spitefully before moving on. "No matter, I've learned from my mistakes, and this time no top assassin can break out."

"What do you plan to do with me?" Nagisa pushed.

"I plan to kill you."

"Then why haven't you? You have me trapped here, don't you? Just get on with it."

"You don't know..." Shiro began to laugh to himself, the sound worse than nails on chalkboard. "No regular person can just kill you, nobody at all can! That serum that Sadako-san put in your bloodstream did a lot more than you think Shiota-kun!" Shiro took a breath.

"W-what?" Nagisa questioned under his breath. Shiro cackled at his expression. Deciding to tease his victim before he died, he readily thought of how to explain the pain of trying to assassinate him.

"Should someone manage to get a fatal hit, those scales of yours will release a toxic gas, sure to kill whomever killed you. Even a long range sniper won't be able to survive. You'll kill everyone in a 5 kilometer radius."

Nagisa's eyes widened at the new information. How much did he not know?

"But lucky for me, I found the original poison to kill you! And this way you'll die and I can live. Ready to see the afterlife?" His voice suddenly turned chipper, and Nagisa couldn't help but sweatdrop at Shiro's bipolar attitude.

Shiro's grin turned insane as he slowly walked towards Nagisa with a syringe in his hand. The sharp tip of the metal needle gleamed in the light. Nagisa started struggling, although he knew it was useless.

Shiro loved watching the blue haired assassin squirm, he even slowed down his walking speed and made his footsteps louder just to taunt the boy.

Nagisa looked over to see the needle right at his neck. He stilled, closed his eyes, and planned his last words.

The needle was pricked into his neck, the pain slowly building as the needle sunk deeper into his flesh.

"I love you Karma."