55: Panic

Dinner was, interesting. There was a tension between Miki and Misui that no one could explain. Although it was subtle, Yumi noticed that whenever conversation was made between her wife and Nagisa, Miki would glare at Misui and sport a look of what could only have been jealousy when Nagisa would reply. Yumi started to get irritated by it.
"Mikkun? Is there something wrong with my wife?" She asked seriously.
"N-no. Nothing." Miki replied quickly, surprised at Yumi's perceptiveness.
"Hm," Yumi huffed to herself, but returned to eating.
"So, how has Mik-Mikkun's training been going Nagisa?" Misui asked, avoiding Miki's eyes which snapped to her with a hidden sharpness to them when she mentioned the teaching.
"Oh, yes! I would say it's been going very well! Mikkun is such an attentive student, he reminds me of myself sometimes!" Nagisa beamed, Miki instantly lighting up at the praise.
"Oh, I can't be as good as you were Nagisa-sama! You're so strong I can't believe you learned all of this in only 20 years! It's going to take me centuries to be at your level!" Miki praised in return.
Nagisa chuckled, "Keep your head up, you'll be like me yet!"
"I think they might already have you beat in a few categories Nagisa!" Musui chirped, trying to build back a relationship with Miki and hoping they would like the compliment.
Oh how wrong they were.
"You know nothing!" Miki snapped out. "Nagisa-sama is stronger than everyone else in every aspect! He's flawless! Unlike useless scum like you who don't know their place!"
"Miki! Don't talk to my wife like that!" Yumi growled, standing up.
"I'll talk to her however I want until she can kill me!" Miki snapped back, also standing up to meet her challenge.
The two fought back and forth, insults flying across the room, neither making it physical only due to the table separating them. They continued screaming louder and louder, despite Karma and Misui's attempts to stop them.
Nagisa's eyes flew back and forth between them. Something was wrong with Miki, he had guessed that much but there hadn't been time to talk to the 20-year-old. The words being screamed at the table clouded his mind as small tears squeezed out the corners of his eyes, blurring his vision as Nagisa focused on taking deep breaths.
"EVERYBODY STOP!" He yelled, standing.
Red took over Nagisa vision.
When Nagisa blinked back to himself, the sight at the table scared him enough to nearly fall over. Miki, Misui, Yumi, and Karma were all knocked out cold, limply lying strewn across the table and their chair, or fallen to the floor like a puppet with their strings cut.
Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck-- He didn't want this to happen!
Nagisa backed up slowly before running up the stairs to his room, slamming the door shut as he took in deep laboured breaths. A quick glance into the mirror had Nagisa nearly retching up his dinner as he stared into his own slitted, yellow, eyes. 
Nagisa turned his focus away from the mirror and pressed his face into his pillow, trying to calm down his frantic breathing to finally process what the fuck had happened.
Nagisa shut his eyes tight as he did his best to will his snake side to quell so he could think calmly and rationally, pushing back murderous words slipping into his mind, begging him to maim, kill, see blood splattered across the room--the blood of his family.
No way, no how. Nagisa would figure out a way to help Miki--and it wouldn't be by killing them or anyone else. 
He had too much to repent for.