29: Past Programming

"I-I'm becoming the assassin Otou-san had wanted me to be..."  

All eyes turned to Nagisa as he slumped to the floor, his legs out in a 'w' behind him.

"Nagisa, I know what you're thinking right now..." Karma dared speak to the mind-melted boy.

"What am I thinking?" Nagisa snapped, turning his slitted gaze up towards the taller redhead, who sat down next to him.

"You're thinking that you were born an assassin, and that's what you're going to be. You're thinking that no matter what you do, and no matter how many people you save, you're still a killer, and have been since your first kill."

The class looked to Karma, questioning the way he phrased everything.

Sugino was the first to speak out about the wording.

"Since his first kill? Karma-kun it's only been, like, five minutes since Nagisa-kun's firs-"

"I killed my father a few months ago."

Silence took over the warehouse, the slightly chirping of crickets keeping everything from being totally suffocating.

"...what?" Fuwa spoke up this time.

"H-He... he in-... inje-..."

"Nagisa's father injected him with an experimental drug." Nakamura spoke for him.

"What did it do?" Takebayashi asked.

Nagisa pushed his hair back to show the scales, warranting a few gasps from his classmates.

Nagisa's voice was still stuck in his throat, so Kayano spoke for him this time.

"He's also got fangs with a venom in them. That's what killed his father. His bloodlust has increased as we experienced just a few minutes ago, and back about a month when he lost control the first time."

"His vision also will change to heat-seeking on occasion." Karma added what he knew.

"So you killed both your parents..."

Nagisa's shoulders curled inwards as he pulled his head closer to his chest, his spine curling over as if he was trying to curl up like a pill bug. His arms were tightly wrapped around his torso leaving no part of his sensitive stomach open to attack. His eyes were shut tightly and his hair was acting as a type of curtain, keeping his fearful face away from preying eyes. Nagisa's muscles were tense as he lay in wait, staying perfectly still and hardly breathing so to keep his total movement down.

Realization stuck in everyone's mind as they saw Nagisa's transformation from assassin to weakling.

'He's waiting for us to hit him...'

"Nagisa, we aren't going to hurt you." Irina tried to break though the haze clouding Nagisa's mind.

Nagisa tensed up at the voice but stayed relatively still.

"Nagisa you've been with us for months now and we haven't hurt you yet, and we never will." Karasuma promised as he and Irina slowly stepped closer to Nagisa.

Hearing the footsteps Nagisa cracked open his left eye for a brief moment to realize that it wasn't his mother standing above him.

While he stayed down, Nagisa allowed his muscles to relax ever so slightly.

Irina bent down and pushed Nagisa's curtain of hair away from his face.

"We are here for you, Nagisa." She pulled the broken teen into a hug, motioning for Karma and Karasuma to join in.

The class smiled at the family hug, Nakamura and Kayano quickly joining in after deciding that they were a part of the family too.

Soon after the hug began, a whoosh of air entered the facility.

"What happened here?"

The hug broke and Nagisa was revealed to Korosensei, along with the body behind the class.

Korosensei's face morphed to fury.

"What did she do?"