5: Mending Relations

Both adults awkwardly sat across from one another in a pleasant little coffee shop.

"So..." The female of the two began, "It's been a while."

The male nodded. "It has, Kayano-chan."

Kayano shifted in her seat a little at the formal name-calling, poking at her pudding with a spoon. "S-So... Karma-kun put you up to this?"

Nagisa nodded. "Partially, however it's not as if I didn't want to attempt to mend our relationship. I'd quite like to be able to walk down the same street as you without seeing the tens of ways you leave yourself open for me to kill you." Nagisa spoke without looking up at the woman, cutting into his piece of cake with the knife supplied to him by the cafe.

Kayano gulped at that before forcing a laugh. "Yeah, ha ha, that seems annoying!"

Nagisa made eye-contact with Kayano for the first time since Rio and Karma had shoved them into those seats. His eyes were cold and numb, pushing back his bloodlust. Kayano knew that feeling, and knew that Nagisa had much more bloodlust now than she had had in the past. She was still hoping for the best with this — she wanted her brother figure back. She wanted Nagisa to know how sorry she was.

"Rio told me you and Karma-kun adopted a little girl."

Nagisa nodded, a calm smile adorning his lips. "Yes, we did. Her name is Iyuka."

Kayano smiled back before she glanced out of the window the two were sitting in front of. "I'd love to meet her sometime."

A light clanging noise caused Kayano to turn her head back towards Nagisa. She looked for the source of the noise, seeing Nagisa's knife had fallen on the floor.

"Your knife fell." She stated the obvious.

"I am aware."

"Aren't you going to pick it up?"

"The thought of you being anywhere near my daughter reminded me of the seventeen different ways I could kill you right now. Do you want to see a knife in my hand?"

A cold chill ran through the entire cafe and Karma suddenly popped up as if by magic.

"Ooookkkaaayy — Sorry Kayano-chan, Nagisa must be tired, he's become quite the introvert after all — Come on darling, let's go home." Karma urged, lightly tugging Nagisa out of the cafe and swiftly bringing both of them home.

Still feeling the bloodlust emanating from his husband, Karma led the two of them up to the bedroom, glad that Iyuka was at school for the first time ever.

Nagisa allowed Karma to bring him to the bed and sit him down with little resistance, still fuming about the idea of that liar being anywhere within 100 meters of his daughter.

"Nagi, shh, it's okay, I won't let her near Iyuka until she's proven she's sorry and that she'll never do anything like that again." Karma skillfully ran the fingers of his left hand over where Nagisa's scales were hidden under the makeup, his right hand rubbing calming circles into the small of Nagisa's back, earning a sound resembling a purr from Nagisa. Nagisa relaxed into Karma's touch, cuddling up to the redhead.

Nagisa closed his eyes and enjoyed the calming motions from Karma, doing his best to put the previous hour or so behind him.

Time Skip

Nagisa walked into the park, quickly seeing the girl he was there to meet.

"Attempt number two." He stated, Kayano jumping as she hadn't realized he had come up behind her.

"Nag-Akabane-kun! Hello!"

Nagisa nodded in approval at her calling him 'Akabane-kun.' "Hello Kayano-chan. Shall we?" He began walking away, Kayano following and quickly falling into step with him. Nagisa was aware of Karma's presence following the two of them, but he didn't mind it.