31: Cheesecake and Strawberry Milkshake Battle

"You want me, of all people, to be your right-hand man?" Karma said in utter shock.

"W-well, I-I mean, if you don't want to th-that's fine, it's just, Y-Yumi really wanted you though, b-but I'll j-just call her now a-and tell h-her you w-weren't u-up for-"

"Nonononononononononono! That's not what I meant, I'm just surprised, is all. I was expecting a close friend, is all. Plus, I'm only eighteen, so I was just caught off guard." The redhead interrupted, knocking the thought of refusing right out of Misui's hands.

"But you already proposed?" He suddenly added, confusion flitting across his features.

"Well, first of all, you are Yumi's nephew, and you saved my life back at the laboratory, so I don't mind one bit. Second of all, no, I didn't. I was just explaining what happened to Yumi and why I was gone for so long. She told me that she needed to see you again, and she mentioned something about you making a good right-hand man for when she got married." She awkwardly laughed as she tightened her grip on the books in her arms.

"Oh, that makes much more sense. Also, you said you wanted to check up on Irina?"

Misui's face lit up, and she nodded her head. "Yeah, I just wanted to check up on her one last time. I think that she'll be good after that, but I may need to do some quick inspections every couple weeks or so. How's your arm?"

"It doesn't hurt, for that matter. You could literally throw a boulder on this and the cast still wouldn't break."

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about harming it anymore." She said optimistically. She entered the living room after Karma, settling her eyes on the blonde who was currently walking around in slow circles.

"Irina, what are you doing?" The redhead said, his gaze empty as he stared at her with a blank look.

"I'm walking. My legs are cramped from sleeping weird all night." She snarled, her temper blazing even though there was no venom behind it. She was acting less like a mother hen who was worried for her baby chick and more like an E-class teacher of a prestigious high school.

Karma smirked, his face devilish as his cocky attitude settled within him. "Oh come on, Bitch-san, it can't be that bad."

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Irina yelled, her eyebrow twitching as she raised her fist at him.

"Actually, you told me to stop calling you Bitch-sensei. You never said anything about calling you Bitch-san." His smirk grew as a big, red tick mark popped on her head.

The two reached each other and stood face-to-face as their argument continued.

"Oh, you're messing with the wrong woman you piece of shi-"

Two pairs of hands grabbed both of their collars back so they weren't in arm reach of each other. Nagisa was holding Karma as he showed him a strawberry milkshake while Karasuma held a cheesecake in front of Irina.

"There," The two males said in union. "now shut up and eat."

Misui just stood there in pure bewilderment at their transformed attitudes, as the two arguing male and female sat quietly and enjoyed their treats.

"Don't worry about it." The bluenette said carefree-like. "The've been acting like this for a while now. Also, Karma's trying to get back into his arrogant-attitude-zone before we go back to school."

"Indeed. You shouldn't have to worry about it, I don't think those two will ever have a true argument. They've just been dying to act silly after all the events that happened."

"Oh." She said lamely. "I see. Do you think that I can check up on Irina now, or do I have to wait until after she finishes her cheesecake?"

The three sweat dropped as the heard Irina yelling at Karma to stay away from her treat.

"I think it'd be best if you wait until later."