8: School

Karma thought back to Nagisa as he walked into his classroom at Kunugigaoka, being the only one of his former classmates who chose to stay.

Right as he was about to fully get lost in his thoughts, his recolor approached him.

"You seem to be half asleep Karma-kun, got a girl on your mind~?"

Although the two would never say it aloud, and probably wouldn't even admit it in their heads for that matter, Karma and Asano stopped being pure rivals somewhere along their second year of high school and may have stepped into the friendship category of relationships.

"Not a girl, Carrot Top. If you must know I'm worried about what a friend of mine has gone and done this time."

"Friend? I didn't know Akabane Karma had the ability to make friends."

"Well I got 28 of them that are my age for your information."

"Wow, you know it down to the number."

"How many do you have, 4?" Karma smirked up at Asano, who glared in defeat.

"Where are these 28 friends of yours then?" Asano challenged.

"Most of them ended up at different high schools. I'm the only one who stayed at this place, rest of them followed the normal rules of getting expelled for being in E Class." Karma shot back.

Asano fell silent, having a basic idea of what Karma's 3-E experience was like.

"You say most of them went to different high schools, that implies at least one did not, although you just stated you were the only one who stayed at Kunugigaoka."

"Well, Ritsu's an AI, so she doesn't really go to high school. She's downloaded onto my phone still, although I haven't talked to her in a while. Other one isn't your business."

The bell rang, cutting off the conversation, much to Karma's joy.

The teacher, Mirai-sensei, walked up to the front of the room.

"Today class," she began, "we have a new student. Come on in."

Karma instantly knew what had happened and wanted to yell at the boy's stupidity, although Karma was well aware for every one reason Karma thought up against Nagisa coming to school, Nagisa would be able to make five for why he should be there.

As suspected, the short bluenette came in, his hair up in his normal pigtails as he wore the grey uniform.

"Hello minna-san, my name is Shiota Nagisa." He bowed in introduction.

"Why don't you sit next to Akabane-kun," Karma cringed at the fact his teacher still refused to call him Karma. "He sits over there, Shiota-chan."

"I'm a boy, sensei." Nagisa corrected.

"Ah! I'm sorry. Akabane-kun, please raise your hand so Shiota-kun knows who you are."

"I already know Karma, sensei. He doesn't need to raise his hand." Nagisa smiled as he walked over to the empty desk next to Karma and sat down.

The class, Asano mostly, gaped at the instant lack of honorifics and the first name basis that flowed right off of Nagisa's tongue as Karma lightly glared at him.

At the end of class, Karma gripped Nagisa arm and pulled him to the hallway to talk.

"Why did you come to this school?"

"Well you're here and staying in the house alone isn't going to happen and what if someone comes here for you?" Nagisa innocently listed off.

"Don't you think the Chairman will recognize you as one of the old E Class students?"

"Well if he does I smile and tell him I'm here to be with you and if my grades fall enough for me to not be in A Class I'm not staying. Silver-sensei was good at alot of things, and teaching was one of them. He was Korosensei's student too, and we both can say he learned from the best."

"While I do agree Korosensei was the one teacher worth anything to me, aren't you some criminal or something?"

"Well I would be if I had ever gotten caught~." Nagisa winked as he began casually strolling towards his next class, which apparently was the same as Karma's due to them having the same schedule which was in no way related to Nagisa hacking into the school's database. 

Karma followed, sighing. "You better not go and mess this up and end up killing us."

"All the death threats were in Junior High. We aren't killing our teacher anymore. And plus, assassins aren't stupid. Attacking during school would be a bad idea since there are so many witnesses."

"Don't just talk about assassins so openly!" Karma hissed, not wanting Nagisa to get taken away by cops after revealing himself.

"We're from 3E, Karma. Nobody should think twice about us talking about killing. Now come on, we have class." Nagisa entered the classroom in front of him, placing his mask back onto his face as he played his part.