56: Awake

Karma groaned as he came to, rubbing at his head for a moment as he attempted to put his memories in a line to figure out what happened.

Once his eyes adjusted, Karma saw the inert bodies of Miki, Yumi, and Misui around him, and finally it all clicked into place.

Snapshots of memories flashed behind Karma's eyes--the snap, yelling, Karma's eyes glancing over to Nagisa for just a mere moment before the love of his life screamed and attacked--Karma shot up from his chair.

Yellow.

Nagisa's eyes had been yellow.

It had been a solid year before the last attack, Nagisa knew what he was doing and had made some sort of peace with his snake side--it didn't take over unless Nagisa was stressed, stressed to the point he didn't want to do it anymore, to the point he shut his own mind off out of fear.

Karma gripped the edge of the table, nails digging into the wood as he forcefully calmed his breaths and put everything in order.

The family, plus Miki, was having dinner.

That didn't sound right, something was off--right.

Iyuka.

Karma clenched his eyes shut as he pushed through hazy memories before landing on what he was looking for, letting out a deep breath in relief as he remembered dropping off his precious daughter with Miyakaya Same-san, mother to the Ami-chan Iyuka adored. Good. She was out of harms way.

His husband, however, was not.

The chair Karma had been initially sitting on, then standing above clattered loudly to the ground as Karma rushed up the stairs, skipping as many steps as he could in between each hasty stride, nearly face planting once he finally reached the top, just barely managing to catch himself on the wall before sprinting down the hall to his and Nagisa's bedroom, where Karma just knew his husband would be hiding, and probably crying.

If he could at all avoid it, Karma never wanted to see those yellow-tinted eyes brimmed with tears again, those pupils thinned into near-invisible slits, just barely a line of black crossing eyes full of so much fear of what Nagisa himself had done. Blue centers swirling about the yellow iris, trying to regain control but just barely holding on, just barely having any fight left in them.

Karma slammed the door open with far more force than planned, the wood making a large bang noise causing the only occupant of the room to jump up from their curled up position on the bed, just before being plowed over by a 180 redhead in a crushing hug.

"Nagisa! Are you alright?" Karma frantically asked, looking deep into Nagisa's bluing eyes, flecks of yellow still fighting for control.

"I-I'm--What about you! You were- were! Oh--I--I did-- I knocked!!" Nagisa frantically began to babble before being cut off by a deep kiss from his husband.

"Shh, it's alright. Nobody is hurt, it's alright. I'm here. Breathe with me, alright darling?" Karma cooed softly, gently running his hand up and down Nagisa's back, slowly prompting the blue-haired man to break down in tears, incoherently sobbing about what had just happened, all the while having sweet and comforting nothings whispered into his ear by the man holding him in a light, but protective grip.

Nagisa's tears dried out minutes later, and red-rimmed, puffy blue eyes looked up bashfully at Karma as Nagisa sniffed once more and ran the back side of his hand under his nose.

"They're all... Everyone's okay?" Nagisa mumbled.

"Physically, yeah. Though I think we need to talk about Miki-kun's mental state."

Nagisa nodded into Karma's chest.

"They think--They think I'm a God. Karma they think I'm actually a God, I-- I don't--" Nagisa stopped his words to take a deep breath. "I don't know what to do."

Karma shrugged, "Therapy, maybe. With someone we trust outside of therapist-client relations. Maybe ground them from training with you, don't let them see you perform "god-like" feats." Karma said, adding a teasing tone to the end of his words to hopefully get a chuckle from his husband.

While not quite a laugh, Nagisa did exhale a few times making noises that resembled laughing in some way shape or form.

"Yeah. No more "god-like" feats in front of them for now. But... For now I just... Can we just stay here for now?" Nagisa asked, pulling himself back into Karma's chest.

"For now, yes."