18: Faint Touches

Iyuka had her eyes clenched tightly still. There were tears streaming down her face, and her head ached. She was tired - too tired, too exhausted, too drained. She heard voices, muffled ones, but she couldn't make out what they were saying with her hands clamped tightly over her ears. She was waiting, patiently, because she knew her father was right. She was too young for whatever was happening out there and it was best if she stayed like this.

She understood very little past the fact that it was bad, and she was in danger.

She had been playing with Seizon when the big bad man kicked the door open. She remembered his eyes looked like murder and he had started screaming words she had never heard about like "fucking brat" and "shitty sadist" among many others. She had dove to hide under the coffee table and had drug Seizon with her, but she ended up whimpering in fear and the man had thrown the table to the other side of the room, revealing her. He had yelled more things in surprise, and had sounded almost softer as he asked questions to himself like "so the brats have a child, eh?"

He had reached down to pick her up when Seizon bit him.

The man kicked the poor puppy to hit the overturned coffee table.

He had grabbed her by her dress and lifted her into the air.

That's when Iyuka finally got herself screaming for her father, and not two seconds later her Daddy had burst down the stairs in rage.

She decided then she liked that Daddy loved her and he wasn't going to ever fight her because at that moment he looked like he could and would kill the man who had hurt his precious family.

Apparently Daddy knew the man as he taunted him with a fight, claiming he was just a sore loser and he could put up a nice fight before beating him to death.

Iyuka had shivered at that. She didn't want anyone to die but the man holding her seemed to think otherwise as suddenly she felt something sharp poke her throat and her Daddy went still and silent.

Flashback

"So this brat really is your daughter, eh? She's Nagisa's too ain't she. Well that's just perfect!"

"Please... Please Takaoka don't hurt her... Do whatever you want to me but please! Spare Iyuka! I'm begging you!" Karma instantly threw his pride out the window. Takaoka liked the sound of begging- the sadistic bastard he was. Begging and humiliating himself may placate the man enough for him to drop his daughter.

"Hmm... maybe Daddy dearest will think about it if you get on your knees, eh~?"

Karma, strong, powerful, prideful Karma, didn't hesitate. Not when his daughter's life was on the line.

His knees hurt when he threw himself to the ground, the slight chance his daughter's life would be spared overtaking all other thoughts in his mind.

"HAHAHA! Good good! You're just like Nagisa aren't you! He went on his knees and apologized when I had the bomb in my hands, but then he had to betray Sensei and attack me! Just like he did when Karasuma picked him! THAT BRAT DESERVES TO DIE IN HELL!"

Karma felt the blood in his mouth from how hard he was biting his tongue. The knife was at his daughters neck, and he was scared for her. He needed to save her life over all else. That was what a father did.

He was not like his own parents, leaving their child behind and allowing him to be in fights just because they couldn't take two days off of work to see how abandoned he felt.

"Now- you both are going to come with me--OUCH!" Takaoka looked down to see the puppy's teeth sunk into his ankle.

"Damn dog! Fine if you want to come that badly I'll just take the whole family!"

With that the poor thing was lifted up by the scruff of his neck and thrown into a black car. Iyuka was left out, knife still at her neck.

Takaoka wasn't dumb enough to think Karma wouldn't fight him the moment that knife moved.

"Turn around boy and let me tie you up- otherwise the girl is going to get it."

Karma took in a deep breath before giving Iyuka a glace as if to say "it'll all be alright" before turning.

He didn't expect Takaoka to whack him across the back of the head and leave him unconscious.

"Haha! Brat's out like a light. Your turn little girl~!"

End Flashback

Iyuka curled up tighter, shaking.

She just wanted to go home.