28: Unhealthy Crap

Irina was stuffing herself with some homemade chocolate pudding so that she could, quote-unquote, "eat away her nightmares and suffering with sweets". Despite her earlier rambling about keeping her figure about two weeks ago, it was obvious she didn't really give two broken shins about getting fat.

She couldn't walk too well, and everything she did was like it was through a slow-motion filter, but Nagisa couldn't care less, or the rest of the Karmagisa family for that matter. She was awake, something that Misui stated might take a very long time. A week and a half was still long, but Karasuma literally got on his knees and thanked the gods that she wasn't in a coma for several months.

Irina merely rolled her eyes. She didn't care about anything going on except for two things:

The weddings.

And the sweets.

"So tell me again how long I'm going to have to wait for the marriage to happen?" The blonde grumbled, chocolate smeared along her bottom lip.

"Irina, we're only seventeen, even if I'm eighteen. We're going to have to wait a little bit longer, at least until after we get out of school." Karma responded lightheartedly. If he was allowed, he'd propose right now before something else crazy happened (because really, with their track record some magic unicorn could be coming after them in just a week or two and they could all end up permanently rainbow-skinned). But Karasuma (ever the protective Father) banned him from doing so, if only to have some downtime to simply relax.

Then again he already had made it very clear Nagisa was his forever and marriage was coming eventually, so yeah.

"Speaking of school, how are we going to explain our absences? I think the workload won't be too big a deal, but I'm worried about people questioning us, especially with Karma's broken arm and my back."

Karasuma refused to look at Karma's arm. It was wrapped up like a mummy's, but every time he looked at it he couldn't help but cringe at its painful-looking condition. It was also in a sling. Nagisa's was less obvious, but the scrapes along Nagisa's scales were still healing, and putting makeup to hide it wouldn't help the wounds. The bandages would also have to remain, so hiding his scales would be slightly more difficult, especially if the bandages shifted while Nagisa moved. Plus, Nagisa would have to be more careful with any pressure on his back.

"How about, we don't worry about any of this hogwash," Irina started, waving her spoon around the room. "and eat some unhealthy crap to make ourselves feel better."

Nobody spoke for a second.

Then two.

Then three.

"You know what?" Karma said. "I think I actually agree with you for the first time in forever regarding sweets."

"I second to that. I just wanna eat and sleep and be lazy." Nagisa added, stretching his legs as he plopped himself onto the couch.

Karasuma only nodded. "I won't be partaking in any sweet-eating, but I'll stay and simply rest for now. The ministry gave me a week or two off, so I'll be able to help out. I suggest that you go to school next week though, and talk with Principal Asano about your missing days."

"Whatever. I'm going upstairs to sleep. I'll see you in a couple hours." The redhead retorted childishly, dragging Nagisa with him.

"Wait Karm-"

"Nope sleeping now."

"But-"

"No."

"Kar-"

"Shut up I'll gag you."

"I'll get ou-"

"Nope."

"Karma I'm a profes-"

"Don't care look we're here already." Karma tossed Nagisa onto the bed and quickly joined him, locking his good arm around his upper chest, the other acting simply as dead weight but still holding him down where there weren't any bruises or other assorted wounds.

"Kar-"

"Shh I'm asleep don't wake me up."

Nagisa chuckled and submitted, turning around and snuggling his head in Karma's chest and happily falling asleep to the rhythmic noises of Karma's constant heartbeat, reminding Nagisa of one thing:

Karma was alive, and Karma was there with him at that moment.

And that's all that mattered.