29: Cold Weather

DOUBLE UPDATE! Hope you like getting two chapters at once! :)

Also prepare yourself for the fluffiest thing I (Starling) think I've ever written...

---------------------------------

It was only February, but the weather decided it was still a wonderful time to have an unexpected cold front show up out of nowhere.

When Nagisa woke up, he was under the blankets, yet he was shivering and his teeth were chattering. He pulled his hands up around his arms, however that did little to quell the stabbing sensation the cold brought. He looked on the other side of the bed to see he was alone, making him curl his legs in now.

A few seconds later, Karma came back into their bedroom.

"KARMA IT'S COLD!" Nagisa yelled as he curled up further. Karma cocked a brow. It was chilly, but it wasn't the antarctic or anything.

Karma put his hand on Nagisa's forehead to make sure the boy didn't have a fever, just to feel his wrist get locked in a tight grip as he was yanked onto the bed, Nagisa instantly forcing their bodies to touch as he sucked up as much warmth as he could take from his lover.

"Damn! You're freezing!" Karma wrapped his arms around Nagisa after pulling the duet over them better.

"Y-Yeah... I'm part cold blooded remember?" Nagisa smiled up at Karma before returning his head down to snuggle it in Karma's chest. Karma softly caressed Nagisa's scales, tucking the two in further.

"It's mean that the weather decided to get cold now, that's no good for my darling, now is it." Karma teased, earning a blush and a chuckle from the assassin in his arms.

"I love you, you know that, right?" Nagisa suddenly asked.

Karma thought nothing of it, pulling Nagisa into a deep kiss.

"Is that a good enough answer for you?" Karma smiled.

Nagisa chuckled, nodding.

They sat in a wonderful silence together.

Words sometimes just got in the way, didn't they? The effort to move their lips when they clearly didn't need to. It was still early, so birds were softly cheeping outside of their bedroom window, making them seem awfully like a Disney prince and princess. And if you thought Nagisa was in the princess, I've got some news for you. See, Karma's the sadistic princess, and Nagisa his gender mistaken prince. They never knew when that idea came to them, something about Rio saying Karma was a princess frolicking through fields of buttercups because of Nagisa coming into his life or something.

Karma allowed a small smile to take place on his lips. Yes, he supposed it was true. He was so pessimistic as a child, which balanced out wonderfully with Yumi's optimism, but once he took first year Shiota to that Sonic Ninja movie, all that pessimism seemed to just... melt away whenever he saw the color blue. He had hope for a new day after that, and to this day he regretted nothing more than his foolish decision to leave Nagisa alone because of the fear that found it's way into his heart.

It was still there, even now, dwelling deep within him, but Karma had taken more than enough knives and pinned it down to the deepest parts of his mind he'd never see. Karma had taken it upon himself to rip it to shreds, replacing it with the crazed love he had, and the almost obsessive need to have the blue-haired boy in his life.

As long as Nagisa was there, even if he was just a whisper in the wind, Karma knew he'd be alright.

And may death come to anyone who tried to take him away.

Karma looked at Nagisa, smiling.

"Let's get married, Nagisa."

Nagisa looked up and smiled before laughing a little.

"We're not even adults yet Karma." He chuckled.

"Speak for yourself, I'm 18."

"I'm still 17, and we're both still in school. Plus, Otou-san would lock us in different rooms until we were 20 if we got married."

"Then let's make a promise that the very second we can, we will. I've known since third year I was going to marry you, so don't you make me wait any longer than I have to." Karma kissed Nagisa's forehead.

"Alright." A genuine smile took root on his face as he spoke. "The moment I'm ready, I'll marry you."

"That's a deal then." Karma smiled, reaching into his bedside drawer to get out the ring he'd bought the day before in preparation for this moment.

Wasting no time, he put the ring right on Nagisa's finger before happily hugging the other and allowing sleep to wash back over them.