Trouble of a new kind.

The deep glug of the wave caught my attention.

I was back, on the beach, the sand between my toes and under the soles of my feet. Only this time it was different. Gulls squawking above my head, spearing themselves through the air avoiding one another. The waves would crash and turn into a light fizz as they rode ashore slowly. I inhaled deeply but it smelt different..

It smelt more of a cinnamon, leather and oranges. I sniffed the air even more, the aroma becoming intoxicating. The effect it had on my body made me feel lightheaded, but it was enticing.

Suddenly the picturesque beach didn't seem important, what was important was working out the smell that I was suddenly craving.

"What's wrong?" A voice whispered making me gasp as arms snaked around my waist holding me close. The warmth of another body settled against my back as the smell invaded my senses again.

Cocking my head to the side, I was met with the bottom of a chin. Small hairs trimmed into a goatee with the odd grey strand almost barely noticeable.

My eyes moved along the jawline before black hair made an appearance, tracing the curve of the ear with my eyes, I followed the thick black line until I saw a familiar logo.

The head turned looking down at me as I met the eyes, shades of blue, grey, brown and green were mixed into a hazel complex.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Zak asked.

~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake, my left side was buried into the bed, where I had fallen asleep watching Avari. Only now the bed was empty.

"Ava?" I spoke before sitting up. My eyes began taking in the room fast as panic filled my chest.

Where is she?

Why can't I hear her?!

"Avari?!" I shouted scrabbling out of the blankets that ensnared my legs. Kicking furiously I threw myself up and rushed to the door pulling it open. My feet began moving faster through the house. The cold marble tiles greeting my feet as I went, the lounge was empty, my eyes ran across the window to see that empty too.

"Ava?" I called heading towards the kitchen.

Pushing open the door, I found her sat on the kitchen island in her PJs whilst Zak was stood at the oven. He instantly looked over at me his eyes raked across my body before returning to my face where I pulled a quick smile.

In my panic, I had left his bedroom in one of his t-shirts. I had no pjs to wear to bed so I had no option but to borrow something, and he did say after all..

"M-morning." He stuttered looking back to the pan in front of him.

"Hi mommy!" Avari grinned waving with one hand whilst she held a small glass of orange juice in another.

"Morning sweetie. Sleep okay?" I asked. Not caring what Zak thought, I moved across the kitchen to kiss her forehead gently.

"Yep!" She smiled happily. Looking at her face carefully, I could see she got some good sleep in, just from the way her eyes sparkled.

"How did you get up there?" I asked looking around for a stool trying to work it out.

"Ah, that would be me. I'm keeping an eye on her. Some men can multi-task." Zak smiled.

"I didn't mean anything by it..." I frowned slightly looking at the marble work surface.

"I'm playing. Did you get some sleep?"