Three. Two. Or One.

I was knelt on the floor next to the bed brushing a few stray strand back from Avari's face as she slept peacefully when Zak appeared around the door.

"Hey." He whispered.

I tore my eyes away from her small angelic face to look up at him and smile.

"Is she okay?" He asked as I got up off the ground and walked over to him.

"Fast asleep. Did it work?" I questioned.

"Bishop Long did what he came to do. She should be free now." He answered.

Overwhelming joy filled my body causing my eyes to instantly water. "Hey? What's up?" He asked.

"I-I'm just relieved. Happy. Thank you so much Zak."

He smiled wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we watched her sleep. "You should have came to me sooner. But I guess I'm not that accessible anymore. Thank god for my museum."

I nodded wiping my tears "I can't repay you for what you've given her back. A-anything you want. If you need any kind of help, let me know."

His smile pulled "Maybe dog sit once in a while when I'm working maybe?"

"Consider it done."

"You hungry?" He asked as his hand moved from my arm and began playing with the ends of my hair.

"I can't eat without her..."

"Yeah you can, she will be out for a couple of hours. Soon as she wakes, I'll make her food. Scar she will probably just want to go straight back to sleep again."

I sighed "I know. I just worry."

He smiled softly "I know. I'll make us some food and when Avari wakes, I can make her something too."

Looking up at him shaking my head gently causing him to frown slightly "What?"

"How have you not been snapped up by some woman yet?" I questioned.

"I never make myself that available. Besides, with a body and face like this... It would be a crime to limit myself to one woman." He replied making me scoff.

"Wow ego."

"We both know it's not the only part of me that's big." He grinned.

I giggled quietly "Always so filthy minded."

"Me? I was on about the length of my legs.. You have the dirty mind." He teased.

"Oh I'm sure... Where's madam too?"

"Trying on all the clothes she got today. It's driving me insane. I don't care for women's clothing, I care for tearing them off. I'm sure you know that." He answered casually.

My cheeks flushed "Zak.."

"I know. Not the time. Sorry. I-... I'll go. Make dinner." He gave one last glance in my direction before leaving the bedroom.

After an hour, Zak informed me dinner was ready and whilst I was excited at the prospect of food, I wasn't excited for having to sit at the table with Holly.