Players on the board.

I giggled quietly looking down at my little angel whose steel grey eyes were now covered with a hard pink plastic pair of goggles. Stood in her galaxy pink costume, Avari had her small arms in matching aim bands as we looked at Zak's pool.

"I'm scared." Avari admitted tightening her hand on mine.

"There's no need to be, we are going to do this slowly and I have a big inflatable unicorn for you."

"Cool!" She answered excitedly.

"Just jump in!" Holly called from her sun lounger.

"I- maybe not, I think that will frighten her. But maybe when you're confident. Right?" I asked Avari and answered Holly.

"No it's too deep. I'll sink. Are you coming in?" Avari questioned looking at me for some support.

"Umm. I don't know yet." I replied honestly.

I mean after seeing Jessica Rabbit, I felt inferior! I could see why Zak kept her around with the small white bikini and flawless make up.

"But you're wearing your swimming stuff too." Avari noted.

"Maybe I will then. But not just yet." I answered her causing a small smile.

The weather was slowly building and I had plastered Avari with sun cream hoping that she wouldn't burn in the heat. I was almost jealous of Holly's complexion but from the colour of her hands I realised that her tan wasn't all natural.

Since arriving at Zak's, I had managed to keep myself busy with Avari to avoid the awkward chat. Two days ago he stormed my workplace and escorted me out with force. After I slapped him and yelled, we kissed and that was a line I didn't want to cross. Now I feared that his motives would not only be for building a bond for Avari, but for trying to reverse time and get me back into bed.

I had spent the last two days avoiding his calls and grumbling over my stupid actions but also for coming to the conclusion that I never really let him go. He was cemented into my heart, mind, body and soul because of one little girl stood at my side scrunching her face at the brightness of the sun. I accepted that he hurt me, but in order for him to have hurt me, I had given him the chance too and that wasn't something I was willing to do again.

Leaving Vegas made me grow up, I had to be responsible, I had a small baby growing in my stomach that relied upon me, that didn't care for my heartache and tears. But cared only for food, safety and warmth. I couldn't be careless, selfish or arrogant in believing that my situation would better. I had to step up and in order for me to do that, I had to become strong and independent.

Of course I was wounded, limping around like a broken bird with a swollen tummy that appeared within weeks. But I knew that despite never really having Zak to call mine, I had a piece of him and maybe that was twisted in a way but I loved my little girl unconditionally and I knew with her I would be able to overcome anything.

I had also avoided Zak for one other main reason... His actions cost me my job. Yes the half baked rescue attempt that wasn't really a rescue resorted in me being given the boot. Not that I was upset.. No. I was just mad he had intervened. It has also worked out fairly well for him, seeing as I was now unemployed, needed money to support my little girl and he just so happened to need another assistant.

Not a set up at all. Although I was now playing the hard game of accepting it. I wanted to make him sweat first.

"Right let's get cracking!" Zak announced coming into the garden without a top on in his swim shorts that finished at the knee. Even they were black..