Guilt

I crept into Avari's bedroom and kissed her forehead gently. "I won't be long baby. I'll see you soon." I whispered before removing myself.

Buttoning up my coat, I collected my bag from the hook as Caitlyn looked up from the couch. "All set?" She asked.

"I sure am. Any problems, call me."

She waved her hand "We will be fine, Me and Ava normally read if she wakes up, which is hardly ever."

I smiled at my favourite childminder. "You sure you don't mind, I know you're studying..."

"Seriously Scarlett, here is the best place to study, its quiet, without my brothers stupid video games and loud music. This is heaven. I get so much more done." She answered pulling a pen from her pony tail.

"Well okay, but an-"

"Yes, any problems I'll ring you. I also know money is on the fridge for take out." She sighed playfully.

"Hey, I'm just looking out for you. Get to work and I'll see you soon."

"Will do." She answered opening up her revision guides.

I stepped out the front door and slowly made my way across to the car, unlocking it, I got in and started it up before heading into Vegas.

I nervously chewed my lip the whole time, I hated leaving Avari at home but for the sake of keeping a roof over our heads and food her in her belly, I had to work. The money was good and the hours? Well they were when she slept, so it meant I could spend as much time with her as possible, and with the recent exorcism, the problems that Caitlyn would normally ring with? Were now nonexistent.

Pulling up in the parking lot, I looked at the buildings and grumbled before stepping out the car and heading into the store ready for the long night ahead.

***

{Zak POV}

I sat at home with my head leant against my hand, I had told Holly I was snowed under with work when in fact I had spent the last hour hiding up here in a hopes she would either fall asleep or go out.

My mind was pickled with questions and I was searching for answers I didn't have when Bacon rang.

"What up dawg?" He asked.

"Nothing what are you up to? It's late." I frowned looking at the time.

"10pm in Vegas is late now? Damn bro you're getting old." He laughed.

"Shut up douchebag, why did you call?"

"Wanted to know if you wanna come out with me & Aaron? We're heading to a few clubs?"

I frowned "Nah man I'm tired t-" I paused as Holly came in tapping away on her phone chewing gum excessively.

The idea of having to sit in and listen to her talk about getting a home together terrified me and I became an actor as I suddenly made the conversation with Bacon sound like an emergency.

"What?! No, no, okay no. I'm on my way, tell him to calm down." I played.

"You what?" Bacon questioned on the end of the line.

"No, tell Aaron I'll be there."
I hung up and stood instantly scrolling through my messages.

"What's up?" Holly asked.