The PT assistant

I stood at the bedroom door looking at the queen size bed shaking my head in disbelief.

A couple years ago, I accepted the fact I had been replaced as Avari's number one by a cuddly toy wolf named Peanut. 

The small stuffed animal would come everywhere with us, from grocery shopping to doctors appointments. Where we went, Peanut went. Avari believed that with Peanut the monsters couldn't get her and although the idea was impossible, she held her belief and soon the bond between them was strong.

Then came Gracie, since staying with Zak. Gracie and Avari were joint at the hip. It seemed the collie was smitten with my little girl and the feelings were mutual between them, and boy didn't it show when Holly went into the bedroom yesterday, my love for the collie had grown even more at the fact that Gracie had stood over Ava's sleeping body to protect her.

Much like a wolf would with its cub.

But now my heart was slowly melting again at the sight I was given. Last night Zak had fallen asleep beside Avari and throughout the night, they had both moved to the point Avari was cuddled into Zak's chest as he slept on his side. His large arm was wrapped over her tiny frame to keep her close.
Her little legs were over the top of his thigh and it seemed they were both so comfortable even the sunshine couldn't wake them.

A small part of me felt conflicted for having not woke Zak up, but it was his bed after all and it seemed Avari didn't mind him being there from how out of it she was.

The only movement in the room came from Gracie as she lifted her head when the front door opened.

I looked towards the door and paused watching Cece come in. Giving me a smile she closed the door.

"Morning."

"Good morning, is he up?" She asked with a folder in her hands.

"Not yet.." I nodded into the room for her to see.

"Woah someone is tired, what happened to your lip?" She asked as I walked to the kitchen.

"One word."

"Holly." We both said in unison.

"Christ what has she done now?" She whispered to me.

"Let's just say, distance doesn't make the heart grow fonder.."

"Zak text me yesterday about her exorcism.. How did it go?" She asked flicking on the kettle.

"Successful as far as I'm aware, she hasn't had any problems and touch wood..." I raced across the kitchen grabbing the door. "Touch wood she won't have any either."

"So it worked, Scarlett that's brilliant." Cece smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah she's finally free of her monsters." I sighed with relief.

"So what happened? You get kicked out of your bed for the night?"

I nodded "Yeah, I crashed on the couch, I didn't have the heart to wake him. Not after everything he's done."

We were sat talking about the museum when a sleepy Zak stumbled into the kitchen minus his top.

"Morning." Both me and Cece spoke making him pause to yawn. He moved over to the bar stool beside me and slumped down.