No rest for the wicked

3 weeks later..

"Come on.." He whispered prodding me with his finger.

"No. You have to behave."

"I feel fine."

"Zak your balls are blue." I answered.

"I know, why do you think I'm trying her-"

"I mean from bruising. Just no okay? If it's not good enough then go and sort yourself out." I replied looking at the Vegas sunset from in the warmth and depth of the bed.

He sighed hard and eventually snuggled down cuddling into me. "Spoilsport."

"You'll thank me." I replied rubbing his arm gently.

For the past week, he had turned into a sex pest, although my control was a lot better than his, Zak was forever leaving lingering touches and kisses that almost made me fall. However the thought of him in pain pushed me back into position of leaving him alone. Especially when we showered and he was supporting some serious bruising.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He whispered against the shell of my ear.

"How nice this is, just being here."

"I've been thinking.."

I rolled back to look at him "Go on."

"A holiday. I haven't been on one for 5 years. Kind of over due."

"The last holiday you had was Jamaica... Right?"

He smiled "Yeah, but even then I got a lockdown in."

I couldn't help the smile as I reminisced about Jamaica. "The hotel was amazing, beach front. I took full advantage of that."

"Hmm.. Don't I know it." He mumbled.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You spent the whole time in a bikini. My personal favourite was the white one, I have to say."

I smirked "You preferred them on the floor."

He grinned mischievously "Am I that transparent?"

"No babe, I just know you... You played soccer, all sweaty. The only man I knew to wear jeans over there."

He rolled his eyes "You know me."

"Can I ask you something?"

Zak nodded gently.

"Whilst we were in Jamaica, you and Nick.. You fell out."

Zak's jaw tensed as he ground his teeth together in annoyance "What was that about?" I asked.

"The man is a parasite."

"He was your best friend."

"And look how he treated me." He bit back making  me look away. "I'm sorry. It just winds me up you know?"

I nodded understandingly.

"We were arguing about you... We were becoming a thing around that time, if you remember. I wanted you around all the time. Nick got jealous and said he could have you back in a heartbeat. That all he had to do was give you a little charm."

Looking at the ceiling, I felt anger rise, but I couldn't change the past. So letting it go was vital.

"I disagreed and he just got to be an asshole about it."

"Where were you thinking? The holiday, I mean. I don't want to talk about him anymore."

Zak shrugged "I don't know, but I think getting away as a family would do some good. Don't you think?"