No Place like home

I stifled a yawn as I walked back to the car having dropped Avari off. My little rainbow was excited to go to school and tell everyone about her new friend Gracie.

It wasn't even 8am and she was full of beans where as all I could think about was sleep and Zak's body.

Yes, I had spent most of last night tossing and turning on the bed. No matter how much I tried to shut my head off, my brain would send a reminder of a muscular back. At one stage I even found my fingertips itching just to touch it. I put it down to not having any me time since Avari was born. Hell, I stopped everything when Avari was born, I stopped work to care for her because nobody else could and I stopped dating when I left Vegas.

Now I was just some horny spinster only I had Avari so the childless tag didn't apply.

I didn't regret having Avari, no she was my saviour. I could still remember holding that test in my hand and cradling my stomach like it was gold. Even if my life was crumbling down around me, I had her. I had a duty to put my life in order for her..

And I did that, until things began to get real weird. Real fast.

I looked at the school waiting for some commotion, for Mrs Lowe to come out waving for my attention, but there was nothing. I just didn't want to go back to Zak's house for another explicit moment with him and Holly. I had cursed myself to the moon and back about last night. How I should have moved but for some reason I couldn't!

What I needed to do was be a grown up about this, it's normal, natural and it's love. Just because I wasn't getting any action doesn't mean the whole world was celibate too.

Still planning to avoid Zak's house, I drove and ended up outside my house. For a while I sat in the car, staring up the house remembering the moment the shower curtain enclosed around my body and how I had to push my fingers into the plastic shower curtain to pierce a hole in it in aid to breath.

The lounge curtains were still drawn, the flowers I had brought had dropped in the window from lack of fresh water.
After a pep talk, I got out the car and slowly made my way to the front door, taking out my key. 

Drawing up the courage, I stepped towards it before pausing.

Should I ring Zak? Ask him to-  No. No he has Holly and right now he is other wise engaged until further notice..

You're on your own, Scar.

Taking a small breath, I unlocked the door and pushed it back. I expected some force field to come at me and take me off my feet, but there was nothing...

Just a hallway.

Squaring my shoulders, I took a sheepish step inside, testing the atmosphere. When nothing happened, I walked in and closed the door looking around.

Get clothes, get out. Get clothes, get out, get to Avari.

With my mantra, I hurried through the house and grabbed what clothes I needed. Racing from room to room getting the essentials and some home comforts. Heaving a hold-all onto my elbow, I headed down the staircase when my phone rang making me sigh and pull it out of my back pocket. Seeing Zak's name flash across, I groaned as images of last night re-emerged into my mind. The way his back mo-

No! No we are not going there!

"Not today, not again.. Ever again." I chided myself and pushed my phone back in. I took a few more steps before I felt something pull on my ankle. Fearing the worst, I went into panic thinking that Casper the not so friendly Ghost was gonna shove me down the staircase. But in my panicking, I slipped and tumbled down the staircase landing hard at the bottom.