Scarlett's Falling

A week later..

"Don't laugh." I spoke warning Cece as I came out the room slowly.

Her eyes went to my leg and a smirk filled her face instantly. "Don't smile either."

"I... Wow Scarlett, it's great."
She nodded looking at my new fashion accessory.

"This is all Zak's fault." I grunted picking up my bag.

"How?"

"Well if he just spoke to me this week, I wouldn't be so tired. And if I wasn't so tired then-"

"Then you wouldn't have slipped in the shower? Fell into the spray and got your cast soaking wet." She finished making me grumble.

"It's happened, deal with it. How's your head?" She asked concerned.

"No sense no feeling isn't it? It's sore as heck and if I start throwing up, then I'll probably have concussion."

"Ouch." She replied.

"You're telling me, and now I have a space boot." I gestured to my grey leg splint.

Yes after a fall in the shower, and a hard hit to the skull, I had Cece drag me to the hospital to have the cast removed. Which was good because I could now itch my leg some sense! When I went to have a good scratch, the doctor pushed my hands away and reminded me that the skin was sensitive and then went on about aftercare until it bored me to tears.

"Zak's on his way home." Cece informed me as we got into the car.

"Yeah? Does he want me gone?"

She frowned "Don't be absurd. Honestly Scarlett, you sit here licking your wounds but you inflicted them upon yourself."

I scoffed "The fall wasn't on purpose."

"I wasn't taking about the fall, I'm talking about Zak. Just sort it out, for both your sakes and Avari's for that matter."

I pulled a sour face "I thought you were on my team..."

"I'm not on any team." She reminded me as we pulled away.

My big grey plastic boot was miles away from the whole plaster cast that I detested. My leg felt lighter from the moment it was off but was soon pulled into this splint but at least it had a boot on the end of it which meant I could walk on it with one crutch, instead of two.

"Did he say anything?" I asked her quietly.

"Like?"

"I don't know." I shrugged fiddling with the hem of one of his shirts.

"He asked if you were okay, if Avari was okay, how's she been getting to school? How I was and then straight into museum business." She replied keeping her eyes on the road.

"Okay."

"And yes I informed him about you falling."

I shot my eyes over to Cece but she then explained that he would need to know in case I needed to go back to hospital later, which I hoped not.

"Guess it makes sense." I mumbled in defeat.

" I mumbled in defeat