Family

Two weeks later.

"Please sit down.." Zak stressed walking behind me with his hand out protectively as I hopped around.

"Oh Zak if I sit down anymore my ass will get fat and my brain will combust!" I replied hoisting myself forward again.

"But I like your but-"

My head snapped in his direction making his words fade. "I'm bored. Look at me.. Zak I'm seriously bored." I whined.

He placed his hands onto my arms and gave them a gentle rub "I know, but I don't want you setting yourself back anymore. Just let me take care of things, relax whilst Avari is at school."

"Dude I'm so relaxed I'm practically reclined!"

"Just sit down."

I grunted loudly in annoyance before setting myself down on the couch. Pushing the crutches aside I folded my arms.

"Would you like some lunch?" He asked lifting my leg up slowly onto the foot stool.

"No." I mumbled.

"Would you like me to spend some time with you?" He asked.

My eyes shifted from my foot, up to him sheepishly. "You'd do that? For me?"

"Absolutely what do you want to do?" He questioned leaving me to smile.

...

"This wasn't what I had in mind." He grumbled.

"I thought we said slo-"

"Oh Scarlett I didn't mean sex, get your mind off my balls, I meant snuggling whilst watching some TV or maybe having a nap."

"But you said you wanted to help.." I trailed off.

"Well this sucks." He replied putting his head down in concentration as he painted my toes. "If you tell the crew..."

I snapped a photo and grinned when he looked up ready to throw down the polish and storm away.

"It's your caring side." I smirked.

Zak narrowed his eyes before muttering under his breath and continuing.

"What colour is this?" He asked finally taking an interest.

"Slut red." I replied casually making him choke on the air.

"Excuse me?"

"I said Scarlett sweetheart."

"Yeah right.."

"You gonna do my other foot too?" I asked hopeful.

"You're kidding.. Right?"

I pouted "Please? It's a long way down for someone who's practically incapable, be a babe." I winked.

"You're taking the piss." He grunted grabbing my other foot to carry on.

For the past two weeks, I had been at Zak's house, mainly for mobility reasons. Stairs were the worst and it made sense with getting Avari to and from school. I couldn't drive, he was here ready to lend a hand. So I accepted his invitation to bunk for a while. As for us? Well we have been taking things slowly.  Making up for lost time with talking and sharing a laugh or two.

I hadn't realised that in the first day of him collecting my things and bringing them to his house. That he had also brought Avari's memory box. I had woke up desperate for a drink, independency in me won as I tried to hop along with my crutches to the kitchen when I hobbled in on him in tears.