One and only.

I was sat in the corner of Zak's walk in as he was slumped on the opposite side with his head in his hands. He hadn't said a single word. The silence was deafening, but if I knew anything about Zak, it was that he needed time to think. Once he had, he would have questions and then it was down to me to answer them.

My eyes moved away from him to the vast collection of hats and shoes. I almost smiled seeing the shoes were colour coordinated, his black shirts were also set aside from his colour ones. But from further inspection from the floor, I realised that the black clothing was his lockdown clothing.

I wondered if the walk in was sound proofed from the outside, because I couldn't hear a single noise.

My eyes snapped to Zak as he spoke for the first time.

"Devin knew about her, but seemed so surprised when Holly told him. Why?" He asked looking at his watch.

I shifted off my knees to fold my legs. "I had some complications in my pregnancy.. I guess Devin presumed I lost her."

"What kind of complications?" He asked.

"Za-"

"I asked what kind!" He snapped closing his eyes to avoid looking at me.

"Bleeding. I bled in my first trimester. I thought I was having a miscarriage." I answered.

"And he knew but never said a damn thing." He muttered.

"I swore Devin to secrecy, he doesn't know about you."

Zak scoffed shaking his head "Well that's a kick in the balls as well. Damn it Scar."

"I'm sorry-"

"No, no you're not, because if you were. You wouldn't have taken my daughter away for the past 5 years! What the fuck Scarlett? I just had an exorcism done on her!"

"I thought yo- I thought you sent that message Zak. I came here and Holly sent me away and you fired me. What else did I have? I had to go home!"

He looked at me bewildered "I never fired you! You never showed up! You stopped all contact, deleted everything I completely cut me off!"

I looked away from his eyes seeing the hurt in them. "I was told-"

"By Holly. Yeah I fucking get that. But how? We used condoms."

I shrugged "Every time?"

"Yes. Fuck you made sure of it. Had my balls in a vice when I tried to go bareback!" He snapped.

"It was suppose to stop this from happening." I answered quietly.

"Well it didn't fucking work did it? How the fuck am I gonna explain this to my mom? I've missed out 5 years. She doesn't even know me!" He argued.

"Please stop blaming me, I was only doing what I thought was best." I whispered.

"You should have tried again! And again! And again! You should have looked me in the fucking eyes and told me! A text?! A text I never fucking received!"

"But she did. I'm not blaming her Zak, but she's meddled and you're sat here shouting at me."

His face went dark as he fell quiet again.

"5 years..." He shook his head. "You know, when you first took off, I thought you were dead. Actually went to the station ready to log a missing persons report. That was until my mom saw you driving out of town."

"I'm sorry."

"You keep saying that but I can't believe it. I can't. All this time? You've been in my house, sleeping in my bed with my daughter. And the whole time I've had Avari under my nose! I- You're a cold hearted fucking bitch." He commented.