Memories and Moments

I took Avari's hand as she looked between Zak and Holly. His face had a hard expression on it from Holly's high pitched whinging voice.

"Here. Of all places, you bring me here. Why do I want to be here?" She asked tapping her heels on the floor.

"You shouldn't be, it's for Avari, I did try to tell you before you insisted on coming. Now we are gonna go inside, you decide what you want to do... The mall is across there." He pointed.

As he turned Holly's eyes turned into a furious glare that actually put me in discomfort, if she had an axe, I'm sure it would have been embedded into Zak's back.

"Ready pumpkin?" He asked Avari who nodded gently.

"Good, let's go and have some fun."

Her hand stayed in mine as we slowly made our way to the doors when the heels started clicking behind us. I looked over at Zak carefully to see his face brooding with annoyance.

"I'm coming with you. Obviously."

"Thought you might." He muttered as he pulled the door open letting a small family out.

"Thank you." The man smiled nodding to Zak. Each child had a stuffed toy in their arms of a sea creature causing Avari to look at Peanut.

"Peanut will be okay? Won't he?" She asked me.

Before I could answer Holly scoffed "The stupid toy will be fine."

Avari looked bashed and lowered her head. My anger rose instantly with Holly causing Zak to throw a glare her way.

"What?" She asked as Zak took over leaving me to speak with Avari.

"He's not stupid mommy... He's not. Is he?"

I shook my head "No way, Holly doesn't understand just how special a Peanut is. I think he will be fine, we will be too, maybe Peanut will have a friend when we leave?" I suggested.

My ears caught Zak's voice low tone as he scolded Holly for saying something so hurtful to a 5 year old who looked at Peanut in time of need and comfort.

"Let's go, I bet you're gonna love this." I spoke causing the excitement to start in Avari.

Taking her hand again, we entered the aquarium. The dark grey carpet held a small white pattern of thin squares. The walls were adorned with large portraits of the animals here and a large map of the aquarium.

"Mommy look!" Avari pointed to the large glass tank showing only a small section of what's to come from this place.

"Awh, awesome! Let's go and get some tickets." I urged just before Avari pulled me over to the ticket stand.

Pulling out my purse I was about to ask for the tickets when I was hipbumped out the way by Zak.

My foot rolled and I lost balance but before I landed on the ground, his arm had snaked around my waist and a grin had filled his face.

"Going somewhere Miss Summers?" He asked quietly. My face flushed instantly at the closeness of our bodies, a foreign feeling stirred with familiarity as I held onto his biceps for support before I realised I was suppose to be angry with the handsome man in front of me.

"You!" I hissed punching his shoulder making him pout.

"Sorry, I thought you were ready."

"Ready to punch you in the arm again. Damn your hips are bony!" I moaned as he set me back onto my feet.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked placing his hand on my side. "Want me to rub it better?"

A throat clearing brought my eyes away from the hazel pools that absorbed me so easily "No that won't be necessary." I mumbled looking away from Zak's eyes to Holly's hard ones.