Chapter 3

Perrie
The unpleasant sound of Jade's alarm clock pierced my ears like a needle pierce your flesh when you get a tattoo. 

"Turn it off" I whined tiredly. 

"Just five more minutes, mam" Jade said with a muffled voice. 

"No, turn it off now, it's killing me ears." 

Jade replied with an inaudible mumble. It was so typical of her, to ignore me when she was tired. 

The alarm clock kept ringing, filling our once peaceful bedroom with its sound from Hell. Satan was probably the real inventor of those morning-killer-machines. Who else could possibly be so evil to invent things with the cruel intention to interrupt your sleep? 

Dear God, I can't take this anymore. 

I sat straight up in bed. Looking over at Jade, seeing how peaceful she seemed, I felt a little bad for what I had in mind. 

But on the other hand, if she had turned off her stupid alarm, the thought wouldn't had started growing in my head in the first place. 

"Jade" I said with a smirk on my face. 

"Five more minutes" she replied tiredly. 

"Oh well, you're asking for it." 

I ripped the duvet off her body, pulled her pillow away so her head lost all support, and pushed her out of the bed. 

She landed with a thump on the floor, groaning as her body reacted to the pain from the fall. A laugh escaped my mouth when I leaned over the bed to look down at the hot mess on the floor. 

"Ow! Why did you do that for?" Jade asked as she rubbed the back of her head. 

"Because you refused to get up" I said matter-of-factly. 

"I told you to give me five more minutes" she said bitterly. 

"We both know those five minutes would turn into an hour. Stop being a baby and get ready for work" I said with a smile. 

"Stop being a baby and get ready for work" she mocked. 

Jade got up from the floor. Without throwing a glance at me or saying a word, she left the room. I put my head back on my pillow, thought I could go back to sleep since it still was early in the morning. 

The best thing about being sick was definitely the ability to go to sleep whenever you wanted to, without anyone complaining. 

If it weren't for an aching body and the need to throw up every few minutes, I'd consider being sick as something good, because you got to stay home from work and could do almost anything you wanted to, unless go outside in case you bump into someone you know. 

"Lucky you who get to go back to sleep." 

My eyes flickered open when the voice I'd loved for the past twenty-three years broke the silence. 

Watching Jade approach the bed carrying a tray with a cup of my favourite tea and a bowl of cereal, warmed my heart to the point where it felt like it would explode of love.

It was incredibly sweet of her to take some time to make me breakfast even though her mornings were stressful because of her job.  

"How is my babygirl feeling?" Jade asked softly as she gave me the tray. 

"A little better. My head still hurts, though" I sighed. 

"Want me to kiss the pain away?" She smiled.