Chapter 35

Jade
We arrived at Clos Maggiore, one of London's finest French restaurants, 7:30 PM sharp. Considering it was my idea to eat here for our anniversary, the bills were on me for the night. I paid the taxi driver, told him to keep the change, and then I hooked my arm with Perrie's.

Stepping inside the fancy restaurant, we walked up to the reception desk to ask for the table I reserved for us a couple of hours prior.

"I have reserved a table for Thirlwall" I said simply.

The receptionist browsed through a thick bunch of paper, then she looked up at us, smiling from ear to ear.

"Follow me, ladies" she said softly.

She lead us down the narrow "corridor" that lead to the romantic area of the restaurant. Arriving at a table for two, we thanked her so heartily for her help. I helped Perrie take her coat off, then I took off my own coat and sat down on the white high-back chair.

Two menus were put neatly in front of us. Without uttering a word, we browsed through them, looking for what we wanted to have for dinner. Once we had made up our minds, we called for a waitress. I ordered steak and fries while Perrie ordered Blanquette De Veau. To drink, we ordered a bottle of red wine.

The waitress wrote everything down, then she disappeared to the kitchen to give the chefs our order.

"You didn't have to take me here, Jade. Their food is ridiculously expensive. You could've taken me to Nando's and I would've been over the moon" Perrie said calmly.

"Let's not think about money, alright? I took you here because you deserve a fancy dinner at a fancy restaurant every once in a while" I said softly.

"I appreciate it. I really do. I'm lucky to be with a girl like you" she smiled.

"We are lucky to have each other" I said lovingly.

Approximately ten minutes and two different conversations later, the waitress arrived with our food. I had to admit, the food looked too good to eat. Somehow, the chefs managed to make ordinary food look like art. They had done a great job putting it on the plate.

"Enjoy your meal, ladies" the waitress said kindly.

"Thank you, miss" we replied politely.

After the waitress left us alone, I poured the wine into our empty glasses. My mouth watered when the red liquid flowed out of the glass bottle. I hadn't had wine in ages. I had almost forgotten how it tasted like.

"Let's make a toast" Perrie said once the glasses were full.

Raising our glasses in the air, we both smiled as we locked eyes.

"Cheers for tonight" Perrie said warmly.

"For tonight" I smiled.

We clinked our glasses together in a toast.

**

Perrie
The moon was high up on the night sky. A billion stars contributed with a little light in the dark. Jade and I walked hand-in-hand, took in the breathtaking view over River Thames as we walked on an alight Tower Bridge.

Today had been amazing, the best anniversary we've ever had. There'd been so much love, so much happiness. Neither of us had had the time to worry, to think about the problems we were dealing with. All that disappeared for the night.

"I'd like to say something, Perrie" Jade spoke, nervousness evident in her voice.

"Sure, what's up, babe?" I asked curiously.

Jade let go of my hand. I felt cold at the sudden loss of touch. My heart made a cartwheel when the brunette dropped down on one knee.

"Jade..." I breathed.

With tears evident in her brown eyes, she pulled out a red box from the pocket of her white jeans. A diamond ring in pure silver appeared before my eyes when she opened the lid. Oh my God.

"Perrie Louise Edwards, you and I have known each other all our lives. We've shared life's biggest moments; first day of school, puberty, our first hangover, first job, graduation...You're me best friend, the one I rely on, the one I trust and know will help me when I'm facing bumps on the road. You've always been there for me, you've saved me life more times than I want to admit. For that I am forever grateful. We had our first kiss on a stormy night in October. We sat on your porch, wrapped up in blankets, when it happened. From that moment, from that first kiss, I fell head-over-heels in love with you. Since that night, me love for you has only grown stronger. And it only keeps growing. Me love for you is infinite. Perrie, I want to wake up every morning and kiss your face. I want to go to sleep every night, knowing I'll wake up to the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. I want to be by your side when things get tough. I want to be there in your good and bad times. Most of all, I want to spend every second of the rest of me life with you. From here on now, me desire is to live for you, to look for you, to support you, and to love you. You're me past, me present and me future. Will you marry me?"

"Yes" I cried.

Tears of joy streamed down my face. Jade cried too. She was shaking so much while she grasped my left hand. My heart was racing. I couldn't believe this was happening. She slid the beautiful ring onto my finger, then she stood up.

"We are engaged!" I exclaimed happily.

"Mhm" Jade smiled.

She crashed her lips onto mine. I granted her tongue the entrance it was looking for. Her feminine hands traveled down to my ass. A moan slipped from my lips when she squeezed it. I could feel her smile.

As we kissed, the sky opened up above us. In a matter of seconds, we were both drenched in rain. But we couldn't care less about it. We were busy sharing the happiest moment of our lives.

____________________________________________________
THEY ARE ENGAGED, Y'ALL!!! 💍😱

This is the ring ❤️️

xxMxx