Chapter 25

Perrie
The taxi driver looked like he was ready to throw us out of the vehicle any second now. Pure irritation sparkled in his hazel eyes. His knuckles were white from squeezing the steering wheel to death.

We sat in the back, or I sat, they were moving around like idiots, didn't sit still like they were supposed to. I tried to hold them back, to get them to sit and put the seat-belt on, but they'd slap away my hand everytime I as much as reached it out to touch them.

Jade slurred the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Leigh-Anne screamed for no reason, and Jesy licked the window and pointed the middle finger to other drivers. It was absolute chaos in the back of the taxi, and there was nothing I could do to put an end to it.

The three of them suddenly fell out of their seats when the taxi driver abruptly stopped by a red light. Leigh-Anne groaned out in pain as she rubbed the back of her head. Jade and Jesy lied on their stomachs, faces buried in the car carpet. Neither of the two moved.

Shit.

Injuries were the last thing I needed now.

"Guys, are you alright?" I asked anxiously.

Jade started giggling. Jesy bursted out in laughter shortly after. They looked up from the car carpet, then they sat down. This time they put the seat-belt on. Leigh-Anne did the same. Wow. It took them to fly out of their seats to realize they should use the lifesaving belt and sit down like normal people.

Relieved they were okay, I fished my phone from my pocket. I had to text Zac and Jordan neither of Jesy or Leigh-Anne would come home.

Me: Jesy's staying with me and Jade tonight. She's had a little too much to drink so don't freak out if she doesn't answer your calls.

Zac: Thanks for letting me know, Perrie. Take care of my girl for me :)

As soon as I got a text back from Zac, I sent a text to Jordan. I figured he'd want to know where his girlfriend of three years was past three in the morning.

Me: Hey, Jordan, I just wanted to let you know that Leigh isn't coming home tonight. But don't worry. She's staying with me and Jade, so she'll be in good hands.

Jordan: Good to know. Thanks for telling me!

Shortly after I informed their boyfriends about their girlfriends's whereabouts (I assumed Jesy and Zac had taken one step further in their relationship), the taxi driver stopped. We were finally home. I paid him extra for the trouble, which he seemed to appreciate, then I left the vehicle along with the girls.

Neither of them wanted to co-operate, so we tripped at least five times until we reached the flat. Thank God. Now I'd finally get to put them to sleep. They were extreme pain in the bum when they were drunk.

Of course, nothing would play out the way I wanted it to. The moment I unlocked and opened the door, the three of them bursted out in ear-piercing screams as they ran inside like maniacs on the loose.

I sighed. At least we were home. It'd be easier to look after them here. They were too drunk to count to three either way, so. What's the worst that could happen?

That question got its answer when my eyes caught Jade bringing a bottle of dish soap to her lips. I sprinted from where I stood. If she got some of it in her system, the consequences could be fatal. Dish soap was toxic.

"For the love of God, Jade, that's dish soap! Are you trying to poison yourself or what?!" I yelled as I yanked the bottle out of her hand.

"Are you trying to poison yourself or what?!" She mocked.

I didn't have a chance to reply before something else caught my attention. My heart flew up my throat when I saw Jesy play with a butcher knife. Not wanting her to stab and kill herself, I creeped up on her from behind. Standing behind her, I grabbed the knife by its handle and yanked it out of her hand.

"Hey!" Jesy exclaimed as she turned around to face me.

"Knives are no toys, Jessica" I said sternly.

"You're not my mum" she argued.

"Right now I am. You three are such children" I retorted.

Jesy clenched her fists. With a dull look in her eyes, she raised her fist in the air and threw a punch. I dodged it right in time.

"Jessica!" I exclaimed, not pleased with this sudden violent behaviour.

"You mess with the croco, you get the glocko" Leigh-Anne laughed.

"What are you even saying? You know what, it doesn't even matter."

Shaking my head in dissatisfaction, I grabbed the pair by their arms and lead them to the living room. They were sleeping on the couch tonight. Once we got there, I sat them down. I jogged to the bedroom, where I grabbed a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants each.

Back in the living room, the two clung onto each other. I smiled at the view. But the smile quickly faded when I noticed Jade wasn't with them. For the love of God.

"Where's Jade?" I asked curiously.

"Don't know" Leigh replied tiredly.

I sighed. I didn't feel like playing hide and seek now. This was definitely not the time for Jade to wander away. Especially not drunk. Who knew what sick idea would pop up in her head?

"Put this on while I go look after Jade" I told the pair as I gave them the clothes.

"Can you help me?" Jesy asked shyly.

"No, I have to look for Jade" I said.

"Jake would've helped me" she said sadly as she lowered her gaze.

At the mention of her ex-fiancé's name, my heart shattered. She hadn't spoken about him since that stormy autumn night last October, when her world fell apart. They loved each other, planned to get married in the winter and have lots of children. She looked forward to spend the rest of her life with him. That would've happened if it wasn't for that night. I knew she was still hurting, that her heart was still broken. Just saying his name must've been extremely difficult for her.

"Okay, I'll help you, baba" I said softly.

I removed the off-shoulder-shirt that looked insanely good on her, then I gently pulled her jeans off. She managed to take her shoes off by herself. Wearing nothing but her bra and white Calvin Klein panties, I helped her pull the sweatshirt over her head. Afterwards, we both worked together to get the sweatpants on.

"Thank you, Perrie" Jesy said softly.

"No problem. Get some sleep now" I smiled.

She lied down on her back. I covered her with a blanket, said goodnight to her and Leigh, and then I went back to my bedroom. I thought I would begin my search for Jade there.

Getting there, the first thing I saw was a jacket and a shirt thrown on the floor. My girlfriend must be in here, after all. I directed my eyes over to the bed. And there she was. She lied on her stomach, face down, passed out after tonight.

A silent laugh slipped from my lips. She had managed to get her shirt off but not her jeans. They were halfway down her gorgeous legs.

I walked up to her. I pulled her jeans off and threw them on the floor. I turned her over so she lied on her back, then I put her head on the pillow. Seeing goosebumps on her tanned skin, I covered her body with the thick duvet that'd protect her from the cold and keep her warm for the night.

"Sweet dreams, baba" I whispered lovingly.

I let out yet another sigh. God, what a night it's been.

___________________________________________________________
I don't know what to say more than I hope that this was an okay chapter 💗

xxMxx