Chapter 34

*Sixteen days later*

Perrie
The bed was empty when I woke up. I was all alone in the bedroom. Where on Earth had Jade gone? Determined to find out my lover's location, I rolled out of bed. I wrapped a pink morning robe around my body and left the bedroom.

It didn't take long until I found her. She sat in the kitchen, all her attention aimed at a fluffy creature in her arms.

"Have you adopted a dog?!" I asked, surprised.

"His name is Hatchi. Come over here, Perrie" Jade said softly.

I stood by her side in a matter of seconds. She got up from the chair she sat on and handed me the little dog, whose name was Hatchi. Cute name.

Hatchi immediately began licking my face. Giggles slipped from my lips. How adorable wasn't he? Jade was an angel for getting me a dog, although she didn't want a pet. This just showed how selfless she was.

Judging by the way our newest family member behaved, I could easily tell he felt safe and content with us. It meant everything that he didn't shy away. Jade must've done a really good job with him to get him like this.

"You said you wanted to practice being a parent, and that a dog would be a good start. So I got one for you" she said warmly.

"This is incredible, Jade. Thank you so much."

I gave her a one-armed hug. This really meant a lot to me. I was so happy to finally have a dog who would keep me company when Jade worked. Hatchi would fit in well with us, too. He'd be an amazing cuddle buddy, as well.

"Happy anniversary, babygirl" Jade said lovingly.

"Happy anniversary, pumpkin" I giggled.

She leaned in for a kiss. A spark ignited in the pit of my stomach the moment our lips touched. My eyes fluttered closed. I moaned when her skilled tongue slid into my mouth. She tasted amazing. We kissed for a good three minutes. It was first when we ran out of air that we broke apart.

"Since it's our anniversary today, I figured we could kick off the day with breakfast and then we could go to the park with Hatchi and have a picnic" Jade said calmly.

"Sounds like a good anniversary to me" I smiled.

I put Hatchi down on the floor, then I sat down on my regular chair. I fell a little more in love with the brunette when I saw what she had done for breakfast; heart-shaped waffles, pancakes, fruit, toast, coffee, orange juice, and our favourite tea.

"I feel like a crappy girlfriend right now. You've already given me an anniversary gift and you've made a big breakfast, while I've done nothing. Are you disappointed?" I asked cautiously.

"Not at all. Your presence is enough for me. I don't need any gifts. All I care about, all I want, is to spend our special day with you" she said lovingly.

"Please, remind me of what I did to ever deserve you" I smiled.

"You wake up every morning. That's all you have to do. I don't care about anything else."

She reached for my hand. I grabbed ahold of her hand when it was in the reach. A smile spread across her pretty face. My heart melted at the view.

As we sat there by the table, holding hands as we looked at each other, I knew this would be our best anniversary.

**

After breakfast, we got dressed and took Hatchi on a walk. The adorable puppy explored everything from other dogs to people to a piece of paper on the ground. He was curious of his surroundings, to say the least.