Chapter 32

Perrie
I sat on a big rock near the lake, wearing Jade's hoodie as I thought of the day that's been. So far, it had been amazing. We'd swam in the lake, played football, hiked in the woods, grilled hamburgers...We had had a lot of fun together. Going camping with the students was a great choice.

What made the time pass slowly, however, was Jade. I missed her a lot. I hadn't heard from her all day. She was probably busy with work and didn't have time to hit me up, but I really wanted a text or a phone call now.

I wanted to hear her voice, wanted her to tell me she was okay, that she'd head home soon, watch a Disney movie and then go to bed. Then I'd know she was safe.

Yesterday's events still haunted me. The image of Jade being handcuffed to a pipe, covered in blood, was fresh in my mind. I saw it everytime I closed my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Hoping and praying it was Jade trying to reach me, I grabbed it and unlocked it. I squealed when I saw her contact name flash across the screen. She had sent me a text.

Cute dork❤: Hey, babygirl, how's camping? 😘

Me: Just fine. Missing you a lot, though...

Cute dork❤: I miss you too. So much 💗

Cute dork❤: Wanna hear something funny?

Me: Of course :)

Cute dork❤: Today Jesy and I arrested a woman for stealing a wig. A WIG! 😂

Cute dork❤: We kept it. Wait a second, lovely. I'll show you.

Cute dork❤:

Me: Dear God 😂😂😂

Me: Dear God 😂😂😂

Cute dork❤: How do I look?

Me: Sexy 😘

Cute dork❤: Oooh, I know what I'll wear when you come home...😏

Me: Looking forward to coming home now 😂 I love you, dork 💗

"Hey, Pezmania."

Leigh-Anne sat down next to me. I looked up from the screen, grinning like an idiot. The pictures of Jade in that wig really did cheer me up.

"Speaking with Jeed?" Leigh asked, smiling.

"You know it" I grinned.

"She must tell you funny stuff 'cause you're grinning like an idiot" she chuckled.

"Look here."

I showed her the pictures Jade sent. The smile on Leigh's face grew wider.

"Where did she get that wig from?" She asked calmly.

"A woman stole it. She and Jesy arrested her, and kept the wig for themselves" I explained.

"Oh, wow. By the way, I came here to tell you that Gyllenhaal, aka McSexy, is about to tell ghost stories around the campfire" she said softly.

"If I listen to them I won't get any sleep tonight" I chuckled.

"True, but he's great at storytelling" she smiled.

"I'll just tell Jade we'll talk tomorrow, then I'll come, alright?"

Leigh nodded in understanding. She left my side to give me space while I reluctantly texted my girlfriend good night.

Me: You know McSexy, he's gonna tell ghost stories around the campfire and scare the shit out of us now. See you tomorrow, alright? Love you to pieces 💗

Cute dork❤: Just think about me if you get scared. I love you so much, babygirl. See you tomorrow night 😘

With that, I turned my phone off and followed my best friend back to the two other teachers and our students.

_________________________________________________________
Just a filler. Quite unnecessary but still necessary (if that even makes any sense) 💕

xxMxx