Chapter 20

Guess who's turning 18 today (Saturday)? Me! :D

**

Jade
After what felt like forever, the vehicle finally stopped. Considering neither me or Perrie had a seat-belt to keep us safe, we both got a bang to our heads when the vehicle abruptly stopped. Automatically, I put my hand on top of my head to rub it. Somehow, the rubbing eased the pain a little bit.

The door slid open and the four masked men appeared once again. They wasted no time, they grabbed Perrie by her arms and threw her recklessly to the ground.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, not pleased with the way they treated her.

"Shut up" they said coldly.

They grabbed my arms and dragged me out. I didn't even try to fight them, they'd easily knock me out if I tried anything. The best I could do was do whatever they wanted me to and not cause any scenes. I knew it'd backfire if I went against them. I learnt that back at the station, where I witnessed two officers get shot and another officer get stabbed with a machete.

"About time you showed up. What took you so long?"

"Lack of will to cooperate."

I stopped dead in my tracks when the one and only Sam Duchannes appeared out of nowhere. He looked a lot different now. His frame was bigger and his face a little older. He came off as completely terrifying, still.

"Well, well, well, look who we got here. Isn't it the heroic Jade Thirlwall?"

Sam placed his index finger on my chin and lifted my head up so my eyes met his. They were just as cold and emotionless as I remembered them to be. Nothing had changed. He was the same guy.

"Why am I here?" I asked coldly.

"Thought you'd like to see me" Sam said simply.

"But I don't" I spat.

"It doesn't take a genius to see that" he said.

He let go of my chin. I breathed out in relief, I didn't want to be touched by his filthy hands. Just as I thought he'd leave me alone, he surprised me by punching me in the face. I lost balance and fell to the ground. The metallic taste of blood spread in my mouth.

With an evil smirk on his serial-killer face, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back up on my feet.

"I'm gonna torture you exactly like they tortured me in prison" Sam said through gritted teeth.

"So that's why I'm here? To be your punching bag?" I asked.

"You are here because I wanted to make it clear to you that I am back!" He screamed, emphasizing the last three words.

He pushed me up against the brick wall. With no ounce of hesitation flowing in his veins, he threw another punch. This time he hit me in my stomach. I groaned out in pain as his clenched fist crashed into my body, inflicting harm.

"This is for arresting me!"

"This is for all the times I was tortured!"

"This is for missing my mother's funeral because of you!"

After every reason, each punch got more and more violent, inflicted more harm than the punch before. Sam kept coming with reasons as to why he hurt me, they rolled off his venomous tongue, as if he'd been waiting to say them out loud.

The masked men stood behind, watched the whole thing from a distance. It didn't seem like they were planning to intervene. Maybe they didn't dared to? Eh, they probably liked what they saw. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Criminals were fucked up, after all.