Chapter 4

Jade
In a mix of emotions, I grabbed Jesy's arm and pulled her aside. If someone, she was the one I could tell everything to without getting laughed at.

Jesy had been my partner since I first started in the force, and my best friend since my first day at the police academy, meaning she had gone through the same things as I and therefore was a great person to talk to when it came to things I felt insecure and weird about.

Not to mention that she was there throughout the whole Sam Duchannes-thing, when the police all across the globe worked together to catch him, and she was there when we spent days and nights trying to track him.

She was there when we found him in a cabin a few miles outside of London, and she was there when I handcuffed him and put him behind bars.

"What is it, Jadey? Are you alright?" Jesy asked anxiously.

"I have a feeling Sam did this" I said straightforwardly.

"Jade, Sam is in prison" she said calmly.

"I'm not sure he is anymore" I said, an ounce of fear lacing my voice.

Looking at my partner and best friend, it was easy to tell she was confused and didn't know what to believe.

I couldn't blame her for it, though. Because it was confusing. And it messed with my head too to even think that devil, out of all potential killers, had escaped prison and killed an innocent woman.

"What makes you think he is responsible?" Jesy asked.

"The symbol on Madison's back. Do you remember how he always drew or engraved the all-seeing-eye after every crime he had commit?"

She nodded, obviously remembering those five awful years when not a single soul was safe.

"Sam is also the only one that we know of who can be linked to the symbol" I said.

"Hmm...should we tell the others you think he has escaped?" Jesy asked cautiously.

"No, not before we know he's on the loose for sure" I said.

"You should at least tell chief Thompson about your suspicion" she said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Maybe so he can call the prison where Sam is supposed to be locked up and ask the guards if he's still there?" She said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay...okay, I'll tell him. But I'll need your help" I said calmly.

"You know I got your back, Jadey."

A grateful smile spread across my face. Having Jesy in my life was a blessing. I thanked the higher powers each and everyday for leading me to her.

"We should probably get back to Rachel, see if she has found something else that we can use in the investigation" Jesy said softly.

With that said, we left our spot in the shadows and made our way back to Rachel and poor Madison.

When we came back to the extremely skilled CSI, she was removing the white medical gloves from her hands.

"Done already, McAdams?" Jesy asked.

"My job is done here. I have what I need. The coroners will be here in a minute and take over" Rachel said calmly.

Just as she finished her sentence, a black Van pulled over not far from where we were standing.

Two men with dark skin got out from the vehicle. From the back of the Van, they pulled out a stretcher, then they walked up to us.