Chapter 33

Jade
1 day. 24 hours. 1440 minutes. 86 400 seconds.

That's how long I had been without my Perrie. It'd been the longest 24 hours of my life. Seconds felt like hours, hours felt like months. Time passed slowly. Every second I had to be without her was horrible.

I stayed up all night last night. I tossed and turned for hours. Not having Perrie lying next to me made it impossible to fall asleep. To fill the void in my heart, I held her pillow to my chest, pretended the pillow was her.

Her absence didn't go unnoticed. I felt it in the air, felt it everywhere in the flat we shared. She was a ray of sunshine, contributed with lots of warmth and joy, the flat was never cold when she was around but now that I didn't have her home with me, the flat was freezing. And something was missing.

Fortunately, the wait was finally over. My baby and her best friend were on their way home from the camping trip. It wouldn't be long now until I had the love of my life in my arms again.

For their longed-for homecoming, I had prepared a Welcome-Home-Dinner. Jesy, Zac and Jordan would participate too. I'd spent three hours preparing for the night. Hopefully, I didn't spend those three hours of my precious time in vain.

I wore a simple black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans for the dinner. Casual yet good-looking. Perfect for a dinner with friends and my beautiful girlfriend.

My phone buzzing in my pocket caught my attention right away. What if it was Perrie? Gosh, I hoped so. The smile on my face faltered a little when it wasn't my girl's contact name flashing across the screen. As soon as I saw Balegdah, Jesy's contact name, I smiled again.

Balegdah: Open the door, Pickle. We're outside 💗

Me: On my way, Ginger 😘

I arrived in the hallway in no time. Smiling from ear to ear, happy to get to spend the evening with friends, I unlocked and opened the door. Three good-looking people appeared in the doorway.

Jesy wore a blue shoulder cut out blouse along with white ripped jeans and a pair of nude ankle strap heels. A silver bracelet with a cross charm was snaked around her right wrist. On the left, she wore a rose gold Michael Kors watch.

Zac was dressed in a light grey sweater, a white shirt with a collar, a black tie, and blue jeans. A silver watch from Rolex was snaked around his left wrist.

Jordan, however, was not as dressed up as Zac and Jesy. He wore a pink long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans. No jewelry for Mr. Kiffin.

"Welcome to the Jerrie-flat" I greeted.

"Thank you, Jade" they said in unison.

The men shook my hand on their way inside, whereas Jesy engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug. I allowed myself to relax in her embrace. Resting my chin on her shoulder as I hugged her back, I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I was to have a best friend like her.

"You look absolutely amazing, Jesy" I said sincerely.

"So do you, Jade" she replied, warmth lacing her voice.

Breaking apart, I snaked my arm around her waist and lead her inside the flat I shared with my long-term girlfriend. The guys had already taken a seat on the couch when we arrived in the living room.

"Stealing my girl, are you?" Zac joked.

"Jessica is a gorgeous woman but I already have a girl that I love very much" I smiled.

"Brilliant answer, Jade" Jordan grinned.

Jesy freed herself from my grip and plunked down next to Zac. He put his arm around the ginger-haired beauty.