Chapter 6

Jade
Loud moans made their way out of Jesy's mouth as she struggled to get the barbell back up on its "holders".

I stood beside her, watching her like a hawk so I'd be able to help her if she somehow would drop the barbell.

"Aaaand, there I beat my personal best and got a new one."

Jesy sat up, a bright smile visible on her lips. She looked absolutely adorable.

"That's great, Jess" I smiled.

"Gotta build them muscles now when Sam is on the loose again" she said calmly.

"Yeah, about that..."

I took a deep breath. Thinking about him being out there, planning his next move, freaked me the hell out.

"What are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Work twice as hard" Jesy said.

"We're gonna have to do so much more than that. Adding hours won't catch him. Actions will" I said.

"You're right about that but we need a plan. We can't just go after him, being unprepared. You know what happens if you go after a criminal if you aren't prepared. We have already lost enough cops. There's no way I'm losing you too" she said.

"I know that, but we will lose even more if we just sit around and wait for someone to come up with a master plan."

I grabbed my water bottle from the floor, then I headed to the dressing room to shower and get my uniform on.

"Jade!"

I ignored her calls, didn't have time to listen to nonsense. The only thing I cared about was catching Sam and it wouldn't happen any time soon if no one put in some effort.

Jesy knew that already, but of course she had to listen to chief Thompson and the older officers and let them convince her the right thing for now would be to wait to do anything.

My time in the dressing room went by fast. I stripped down from my gym clothes, showered and put on my uniform.

Afterwards I walked out of the gym and walked up the stairs, leading to the station. Getting there, seeing a group of officers surrounding two very familiar human beings, had me wondering what was going on, so I walked up to them to find out.

When I arrived, it didn't take long before I figured out why so many officers were gathered here. Officer Lauren Bushnell and officer Ben Higgins were back from their honeymoon, all loved up and happy.

"Officer Bushnell, officer Higgins, it's good to have you back" I said kindly.

"Feels good to be back" Lauren smiled.

"She doesn't really mean it, she wants to go back to Jamaica" Ben chuckled.

The other officers laughed at his comment. Lauren gave him a kiss on the cheek, then she told him and the rest of the officers to give me and her some alone-time, which was very much appreciated.

"I heard Sam Duchannes escaped from prison yesterday" she began carefully.

"He did" I sighed.

"How do you feel about it?" She asked curiously.

"Scared, uncomfortable. He swore he'd come after me if he ever got out, and I know he meant what he said" I said.

"Well, now that Ben and I are back, we will make sure to find him as soon as possible. And, if you would ever feel unsafe or would want someone to keep an eye on the people you love, you know we'll be there for you" she said softly.

"I really appreciate that, Lauren. Thanks."

I pulled her into me in a tight hug. Lauren and I weren't best friends, but we were close. Hearing she will help me out if I would need any help, felt great.

Knowing there were people who were willing to help me and who were willing to keep an eye on Perrie so she wouldn't get hurt, meant a lot considering I wouldn't always be around to make sure my baby was safe.

Ben and Lauren were great officers. They had been in the force for six years, experiencing things I only thought existed in nightmares.

And during my time here, we had gone through some weird, dangerous stuff together, but always made it out safe.

I trusted them with my life. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about Perrie if they were around to make sure everything was okay, because I knew they'd do anything and everything to protect her if something would happen.

___________________________________________________________

This is enough for today. It's 4 AM so I should probably go to bed and get some rest. Short chapter, I know but chapter 7 & 8 will be longer. I'll update tomorrow as soon as I come home from school :)

-

M