Chapter 28

Jade
What. A. Day. Jesy and I had dealt with a murder, Jesy fainted due to the similarities between the victim and her late ex-fiancé Jake, I rescued a suicidal man with the help of his son, we arrested a shoplifter, and we'd put an end to a violent bar fight.

The craziest thing today, however, was that the victim's murderer turned herself in. Apparently, she was his girlfriend. Her reason for killing him was because he had cheated on her on several occasions, and that she had had enough of it. The cheating explained pretty well why she cut his lips.

Now she sat locked up in a custody suite, waiting to go to court. Considering she turned herself in on the same day as the murder and confessed, it wouldn't be long until she got her punishment for what she did. She'd most likely get sentenced to life in prison for first degree murder.

Besides from work, we found out that two of the officers that got hurt when the four masked men stormed the station, passed away due to their injuries. Ben, who was the third injured officer, would be okay. He had recovered well and would leave the hospital in a few days.

Their deaths hurt a lot more than I thought. Officer Mendes had a wife, three daughters and five grandchildren. He was the elderly man that was stabbed with a machete. Officer Fisher, the woman who got shot, had a husband and five children between 7 - 15.

Still, after everything we'd put up with during the day, our day wasn't over. In fact, it was far from over. Chief Thompson, that old fart, thought Jesy and I should work night shift. We protested, but in vain. He wouldn't listen.

Personally, I thought we should be at home with our loved ones, especially Jesy. After her fainting spell, she needed to rest up, to reload. Working was the absolute last thing she should be doing. She couldn't walk long distances without feeling extremely dizzy. Her reflexes were slow. And she was tired. So, so tired.

Our car stood parked outside Hyde Park. Jesy sat with a copy of The Independent in her hands to pass the time and I kept my eyes open for odd activities and troublemakers. So far nothing had happened. It'd been quiet, peaceful.

It was past midnight. A million stars twinkled in the night sky. The big, round moon shone over the city, contributed with light in the dark.

"Hey, Jadey-Boo, Sam was seen buying a gun at Wolf Armouries Airsoft last night."

"The gun shop in Camden?"

"Exactly. Here. Read the article."

Jesy handed me the newspaper. The article about Sam covered two pages. Pictures of him going inside the shop covered most of the second page. I shivered. The fact he went to a gun shop was terrifying. Who knew what he would do with the gun he bought?

"SERIAL KILLER SAM DUCHANNES SPOTTED IN A GUN SHOP IN CAMDEN

Late last night witnesses saw the feared serial killer Sam Duchannes walk into Wolf Armouries Airsoft, the well-known gun shop in Camden. Witnesses inside the shop claim that Mr. Duchannes threatened Silas O'Brien, the owner of the shop, if he didn't let the serial killer buy the gun he wanted.

When asked about the encounter with Mr. Duchannes, Mr. O'Brien said the following: "I'm just happy nobody got hurt. It was a scary situation and anything could've happened."

Sam Duchannes is known for murdering 76 people between 2009 and 2014. Most of his victims were women between 14 - 40.

Just ten days ago he escaped HM Prison in Manchester, where he'd been locked up for nearly two years. How he escaped is still unknown. Since his escape, Madison Miller, 21, and Stephanie O'Connor, 19, have been killed. The police suspect him for the murders on the two women.