Chapter 23

Jade
Panic spread through my body when I couldn't feel my girl lying next to me. My eyes shot open and I sat straight up in bed. I wiped the sleep from my eyes, then I looked around the bedroom. Perrie was nowhere in sight. Her side of the bed were made. It didn't look like anyone had slept next to me.

Where has she gone? Did she leave me after I fell asleep?

I started to freak out. What if she actually had left? What if she came to her senses and realized she didn't want to be with someone who has a panic attack because of a bad dream? Please, don't tell me I ruined everything last night.

"Stop the bad thoughts, Jade, she must be somewhere around the flat. Maybe she's in the bathroom, taking a morning shower or works out her business. Yeah, that must be the case. Why would she walk out on me? I'm awesome, a freaking catch."

Filling my head with positive thoughts, and positive thoughts only, I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and got up. A shiver cascaded down my spine the second my feet landed on the floor. My teeth chattered from the cold. Brr, it was freezing in here.

Perrie must have opened the windows. She used to open them if either of us had had a bad dream, said the cold would keep the nightmares away. It was probably true. After we went back to bed last night - after she comforted me - I had a good dream. The nightmare was long gone.

I wrapped a morning robe around my body, since it was so cold in the bedroom. The rest of the flat was probably just as cold if Perrie had opened the windows.

On my way out, my eyes caught the button-up shirt Perrie wore yesterday, lying neatly folded on the black wooden bureau where she kept her clothes. The black lace bra I loved lied on top of the shirt. Neatly tucked in between the bra and shirt was a note. Ridiculously excited for what it said, I grabbed it and unfolded it carefully.

Sorry for getting you all excited and then falling asleep in the act. Promise I'll make it up to you. Love you lots, baba :*
Your Perrie

A goofy smile spread across my face. How cute wasn't this? She wrote me a note only to apologize for not finishing what we both started. This girl was something special. And she was mine.

Curious as to where my girl might be, I put the cute note back on top of the folded shirt and walked out of the bedroom. Hearing silent humming from the kitchen, I walked through the empty living room, relieved Perrie hadn't left.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I arrived at my destination. My girl stood by the stove, wearing a white Calvin Klein bra and black Nike shorts. Her blonde hair fell down her back in a cascade of natural curls.

Stunned by my girl's beauty, I made my way over to her. I tip-toed so she wouldn't notice I was awake. Standing behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and nuzzled my nose in the crook of her neck, inhaling her smell.

"Good morning, beautiful. What are you up to?" I asked curiously.

"Cooking you breakfast. Me apology for falling asleep" she said softly.

"Half past seven in the morning and here you are, making breakfast. I'm impressed" I smiled.

"Anything for me Jadey" she said lovingly.

"Is coffee ready?" I asked, craving something bitter yet sweet.

"Just sit down. I'm taking care of everything, baba."

Trusting she had everything under control, I placed a tender kiss in the side of her neck, then I made my way to the table. To my surprise, it was already set. She had prepared a big breakfast for us; orange juice, two cups of coffee, fruit salad, cereal, toast, and heart-shaped waffles with strawberry jam and whipped cream.