Chapter 26

Jade
Zac came over with pizza, kebab rolls and fries a little while ago. He said we needed all the unhealthy food we could get to cure our hangovers. Well, Jess, Leigh and I needed the food and a lot of aspirin for our throbbing heads. Perrie, on the other hand, not so much. She had like, what? Three drinks last night, meaning she wasn't suffering the consequences from drinking too much.

She did, however, need all the rest she possibly could get. My beautiful girl dealt with our drunk asses from the moment Jesy got into the bar fight to the moment she put us to bed. She handled us very well. I couldn't be happier to have someone as amazing as Perrie by my side.

We sat in a circle on the light brown parquet floor, wearing oversized sweatshirts and very comfortable sweatpants. We still wore last night's make-up. My eyes hurt from the day-old mascara.

Perrie wore her hair in a messy bun, looking as beautiful as ever. She was the only one that had washed off her make-up. I thought she looked amazing. But then again, my Perrie always looked amazing. She didn't have to dress up or wear any make-up to look good. My Perrie had natural beauty, she was just too blind to see it.

Leigh, Jesy and I let our hair flow freely down our backs. We were too lazy to style it today. All we wanted to do was eat the food Zac came with and enjoy this rainy Sunday together.

"Last night was a whole lot of fun" Leigh said as she buried her teeth in a pizza slice.

"Up until you three got drunk" Perrie laughed.

"You still had fun, though, dealing with us, right?" Jesy asked simply.

"A little. You guys are funny yet hella annoying when you're drunk" Perrie said.

"Me girl did a good job dealing with us" I said softly as I looked at the blonde.

"Couldn't agree more" Leigh said with her mouth full of food.

Jesy threw a disgusted glance at the slightly younger girl. She hated when people talked with food in their mouths. According to her, it proved that the one who spoke with their mouth full, lacked manners. Now I didn't know if I agreed on that, but I did agree with her that it was disgusting when someone talked while stuffing food in their mouths.

The buzzing from Jesy's phone averted her attention from Leigh-Anne. Looking down at the screen, she sighed deeply.

"Oh shoot, it's chief Thompson" she said, dissatisfaction evident in her voice.

Pretending to gag, she put her kebab roll away and answered her phone. She rolled her eyes at the sound of our boss's voice. She'd never dare to roll her eyes at him in real life. Chief Thompson would whoop her ass, and she wouldn't be able to walk for a week after that.

"Officer Thirlwall and I will be there, sir" Jesy said politely.

"What's up, Jess?" I asked curiously when she hung up her phone.

"A man has been killed. A runner found his body in St. James's Park."

I sighed. I didn't want to leave now. Why couldn't chief Thompson ask other officers to come to the scene? Why did it always have to be me and Jesy?

"Duty is calling, Jade. We gotta go" Jesy said softly.

"Chief Thompson is such a pain in the arse" I muttered.

"Agreed" Jesy chuckled.

Accepting the fact I won't be spending the Sunday the way I wanted to, I grabbed the hand Jesy held out. She pulled me up on my feet as if I was weightless.

We headed to the bedroom I shared with my lovely girlfriend. We couldn't show up in the clothes we wore at the moment. That'd come off as unprofessional. And unprofessional was the last thing we were.