Chapter 38

Jade
"Perrie!" I shouted frantically into the phone.

"Her life is in your hands now, officer Thirlwall!"

The line went dead. Sam hung up on me. Fuck! He had Perrie and I knew he'd hurt her without a second thought. He hated my guts, therefore he'd do anything to cause me pain. By hurting Perrie, he would also hurt me.

Oh God, I had to get to her school as fast as possible. There was no time to waste. Every second mattered. My fiancée's life was on the line, and I had to save her before Sam decided to hurt her. Or worse, kill her.

"Sam has Perrie. They are at the school she's working at. We need to leave now!" I said determinedly.

"All units, you are needed at Acton High School. Make sure to load your guns and look after one another. Nobody is dying today!" Chief Thompson said confidently.

"Got it, chief!"

Everybody rushed to their cars. They had left the station before you could count to three. Jesy occupied the driver's seat, while I'd ride shotgun. I was too caught up in emotions to drive. She roared the engine to life, then she hit the trafficked road.

She drove 40mph over the speed limit. So did the other officers. Civilians stayed out of the way when they saw us coming. Some were being foolish and crossed the street in their own pace although they knew we were in a hurry. Fucking arseholes.

As we drove as fast as we possibly could, I tried to figure out what lead Sam to Perrie. He didn't know where she worked, nor what her working schedule looked like. All he had was photos of us. Photos he either had taken himself or somebody had taken them for him.

Then I thought about the recent murder, how alike Perrie Phoebe was. They could've been long lost twins or something. And that note Rachel gave me; you're next, officer Thirlwall. Somehow, it felt like the note was connected to Perrie, but that Phoebe had to die so I could get the note. Phoebe did look like Perrie and the note was a threat towards me. Maybe Sam hinted at something?

And then it just hit me. The penny suddenly dropped. Of course! I was a freaking genius!

"Oh me God, I know why Sam killed Phoebe!" I exclaimed.

"How can you know that? Why?" Jesy asked, confused.

"He hinted Perrie's death! Phoebe was the spitting image of her! Sam's gonna kill her, Jesy! Hurry up!"

Jesy drove even faster. We were now driving 60mph over the speed limit. Our fellow police officers flashed us anxious looks when we passed them. We knew we drove in a dangerously high speed, knew we could get ourselves killed if Jesy didn't turn the car in the right time. But it was worth the risk.

I didn't care about anything but getting to Perrie. Every second that passed was another second wasted. Anything could happen while we were away from each other. I had to get to her as soon as possible. Knowing Sam, he didn't have much patience. Once he got bored, he'd do something horrible, such as hurting other people.

Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket. Curious as to who had reached out to me, I fished it out of the pocket and unlocked the screen. I had received a video message from Perrie. Feeling anxious about the video, I took a deep breath, then I pressed play.

"Please, stop, it hurts!"

Perrie lied on the floor. Sam kicked her in the sides and threw punches in her face. She was crying. My heart shattered into a billion pieces. He was hurting her.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!"

Sam kicked her in the face. Dark red liquid began pouring out her nose. Shit. She groaned in pain as she looked into the phone Sam held in his hand. The look in her eyes was pleading. My poor girl.