Chapter 13

Had the best time at the concert. Queued for 17 hours and ended up in the very front. The girls were I-N-S-A-N-E!!! And they looked so, so good. Freaking Slay-Anne slayed my existence. Gorgeous woman. They all had me question my sexuality for the bazillionth time. Ah, could go on and on about the concert but then that would be the entire chapter, haha. But, well, I had a really good time <3

**

Perrie
Next morning I woke up with a heavy heart. The weekend was now officially over, and I wasn't sick anymore, meaning it was time to go back to work.

Usually I'd be over the moon to go back, I loved my job, but today I felt very uneasy about it. With Jade still unconscious, I wasn't pleased with leaving her side. I wanted to be there when she woke up, I wanted to be near her.

But, as we all knew, life wasn't a wish-granting factory. Life didn't take any requests. Most of the time you had to do things you didn't want to. And sometimes, people you love and care about would end up in situations that could rip them away from you, without you being able to prevent it from happening.

Being alive was hard in that way that you had to fight every single day. You had to go to work so you could earn money, so you could buy food and keep a roof over your head. In this world, money really was everything, because you needed money so you could buy clothes, so they could keep you warm. You needed money so you could pay rent, so you would have a safe place to stay. You needed money so you could put some of it away to save, in case you'd get very sick and would need professional treatment.

And in this case, our case, I needed to earn as much money as possible. I didn't know if Jade's health insurance would cover the entire cost, so by going back to work today, I'd get us both on the safe side.

"Aww, my heart is loving the view."

I turned my head to the door to see Jesy and Leigh-Anne walk in. Leigh-Anne carried a duffel-bag while Jesy balanced a tray with three cups of coffee on her arm.

"Good morning" I smiled, happy to see my friends.

"Morning, Pez. Did you sleep well tonight?" Jesy asked as she gave me a cup.

"I woke up five times. Impossible to sleep when me baby isn't well" I said.

"She will get better. Doctor Tilley examined her earlier and said she was recovering very well" Leigh-Anne said softly.

"Has Doctor Tilley been in here? How did I not know?" I asked, confused.

"You were asleep while she was here. That you didn't wake up was actually impressive" Jesy chuckled.

"Even Doctor Tilley was impressed, said people like you were those who would sleep through the apocalypse while everyone else was running for their lives, trying to save themselves" Leigh-Anne smiled.

"Being a heavy sleeper has its advantages, I guess" I said kindly.

I took a sip of the burning hot coffee. The black liquid traveled down my throat as I swallowed. A bitter taste spread in my mouth. I scrunched up my nose in disgust, wondered why I made myself drink coffee when I actually hated it.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy were drinking their coffee in silence as they observed the brave, older Geordie next to me.

Sadness was painted across their faces. They looked so miserable, sitting in a black leather armchair each, observing their unfortunately unconscious friend.

Speaking of Jade, her condition was the same as last night. Nothing had changed. The only thing different from yesterday was that her skin had regained some of its natural colour. It wasn't much, she was still blue, but it was something.