Chapter 8

Perrie
"Get up! Get up!"

The sound of Jade's excited voice as she was bouncing on the bed woke me up from my sleep. Normally I'd open my eyes right away and laugh at her child-like behaviour, but this morning was different.

All I wanted was to sleep. Jade and I stayed out late last night, we were home around 3:30 AM but didn't fall asleep until 5:30 because we spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking sweet nothings.

"PERRIE, GET UP!" Jade yelled as she continued to bounce.

"Jade, please, shut up" I whined tiredly.

I pulled the duvet over my head to block her out. Of course it wouldn't work in the long run. Being in a relationship with a police had its downsides, one of them not being able to hide when you wanted to get some sleep.

One way or another, Jade would maneuver me, which had started to occur a lot lately. Winning over her when she had her skills she learned at the police academy...well, that was impossible.

A high school teacher didn't stand a chance against a skilled police, and Jade was well aware of that.

"Why do you have to make this so complicated, Pezza? Get up!" She said determinedly.

"No!" I yelled.

"Well, well..."

Jade patted my waist carefully. I didn't care to ask her why, figured it was just my girl being her weird-usual-self.

"Karma is a bitch."

What was that supposed to mean?

Before I got the chance to think about it, the duvet was ripped off my body and my pillows were pulled away with such force it hurt my head when I hit it on the mattress.

Not many seconds after the rude awakening, Jade placed both her hands on my waist and pushed me out of the bed.

My head collided with the floor as I landed. A throbbing pain spread in the back of my head immediately.

"What the hell..." I groaned as I rubbed my aching head.

"Now you know how I felt when you pushed me out of the bed" Jade said.

"It was a Thursday, you had to go to work. Today is Saturday, meaning no work which means you are allowed to sleep in" I said, annoyed.

"No, we have plans today. There is no time for sleeping in" she said matter-of-factly.

"Plans?"

I sat up straight, suddenly very interested. When Jade said "plans" it often meant "the best day ever".

"Yup. Go put on something comfortable. We're leaving in five" Jade said kindly.

She rolled off the bed and left the room without a word. I smiled for myself, it was hard not to be happy when you had a girlfriend like Jade.

I changed from my pyjamas. I brushed through my blonde hair, then I put on a loose blue tank top, white ripped jeans and low top grey Converse.

Five minutes later I met Jade on the car park. She was leaning against the dark blue Range Rover I sometimes suspected she loved more than me.

Blue aviator sunglasses shielded her eyes from the powerful sun rays. A black off-shoulder-shirt clad her upper body. Her legs were finding warmth in a pair of dark blue jeans, and her feet found comfort in white Adidas Superstar shoes.

I greeted her with a kiss, then I hoped in the car and buckled up. Jade hoped in on the other side.

Once the key was in the ignition and the engine had started, she turned the radio on. A song called Love Me Like You was playing.