Chapter 36

Perrie
We'd been engaged for four wonderful days. They had been the best four days of my life. My heart made a cartwheel everytime I looked at my left hand and saw the engagement ring. I still couldn't quite grasp the fact that we were now fiancée and fiancée, and not girlfriend and girlfriend anymore.

Announcing our engagement to friends and family were something we both enjoyed greatly. They didn't believe us until we showed them the ring. Our parents broke down in tears whereas our siblings just smiled and congratulated us.

Leigh-Anne and Jesy lost their damn minds when we told them. Neither of the two would stop crying. They reacted exactly like our parents.

"Here's your tea, hot stuff."

I handed my fiancée her cup of tea. She thanked me with a peck on the cheek, then she returned to watching the TV. I plunked down next to her. Hatchi lied on her lap, wiggling his tail in a fast pace.

"Wanna come to mummy, babyboy?" I asked with a baby voice.

He immediately left his current spot and walked over to me. Smiling at the puppy, I took him into my arms. His eyes fluttered closed when I patted him behind his left ear. Gosh, he was so cute.

Hatchi seemed to love us both, and it seemed like he liked living with us. He was always down for a cuddle, followed us around the flat, slept in our bed, and woke us up every morning by licking our faces. The best with him, however, was that he ran up to us and barked happily when we came home from work. It was the second best welcome home you could get. The best way to be greeted was with a hug and a kiss from Jade.

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Are you a good boy, Hatchi?"

Hatchi excitedly licked my face while I cuddled with him. He stood on my stomach, showered me with love.

"Can't believe a dog gets to lick you more often than I. I'm supposed to be your fiancée. Doesn't that mean something to you?" Jade asked seriously.

"Oh my God, Jade!"

I punched her playfully on her arm. She bursted out in laughter as she moved further away from me, probably not wanting to get another punch.

"How can you think about such dirty things?" I asked.

"Hatchi's constant licking does wake thoughts in me head. That sound...girl, if you heard it you'd be thinking the exact same things" she said.

"No, I wouldn't. He's a dog showing his unconditional love. How can that get you to think about sex?"

Jade didn't bother to answer. She acted like there hadn't been a conversation and focused her gaze on the telly. They showed reruns of the second season of Bachelor In Paradise, meaning I'd have a hard time capturing her attention, let alone keep the previous conversation going.

I did, however, know one thing that never failed to catch her undivided attention. I put the newest family member down on the floor, then I scooted closer to the woman I loved. Not caring about her being engrossed in the reality show, I placed my index finger under her chin and turned her face.

"Perrie, what is it?" She asked, confused.

"Nothing" I shrugged.

Longing for the brunette, I crashed my lips onto hers. My tongue immediately began its search for entrance, which Jade was quick to grant. The taste of Yorkshire tea quickly spread in my mouth as we kissed. I savoured the taste, moaned into her mouth as I wished for more. Her kiss was a drug, and I was addicted.

I placed my hands on her boobs. To my disappointment, Jade grabbed ahold of them and removed them. Breaking apart from the kiss, I looked wonderingly into her eyes. Something else seemed to have her attention, since she couldn't focus her gaze on me.

"Is everything alright, Jade?" I asked softly.

"Something's happening to the telly. Why is it freaking out? Is there a ghost trapped inside?" She asked frantically.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw how the screen flickered like crazy. My eyes hurt from looking at it. However, I was sure it was nothing to worry about. Maybe we needed to buy a new TV. We had had this one for years. It was getting old.

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm sure it's nothing."

I connected our lips for the second time, but Jade quickly disconnected them. She turned her face to the TV. Her eyes radiated fear, concern, as she looked at the screen. Realizing our moment was over, I rolled off of her body and sat down like a normal person.

"Oh my God, it's Sam!" Jade exclaimed.

My heart stopped for a moment when I saw his familiar face on the screen. Judging by the background, I assumed he had broken into the BBC Broadcasting House. Jade's entire body became rigid. Her eyes widened in fear. I reached for her hand, wanted to let her know I was right beside her. She grasped it, held onto it as if her life depended on it.

Sam flashed us a smirk. A shiver cascaded down my spine. Nothing about this could be good. But then, a serial killer on the loose was never good. Still wearing that sinister smirk on his face, he cleared his throat, then he spoke:

"I'm coming for you, Jade Thirlwall."

Before we had the chance to grasp what just happened, the screen went black and we saw our own shocked reflections.

_________________________________________________________
Two chapters left, then we're over and done with this story

xxMxx