Chapter 10

Jade
A millisecond before the bullet would pierce through my chest, someone wrapped their arms around my body and tackled me to the ground.

Lying down, I turned over so I could see who had saved me even though I knew who it was. Meeting a pair of piercing blue eyes, anger started to boil inside me. Why didn't she listen when I told her to stay inside? Out here I couldn't protect her.

"Didn't I tell you to stay with Jesy and Leigh-Anne?!" I yelled, furious with my girlfriend.

"I couldn't just stay with them and watch him try to kill you!" Perrie yelled back.

"And I can't let him hurt you, Perrie! Go back to the restaurant!"

I was about to stand up when the gunman fired off another shot. My first priority being to protect the girl in front of me, I pushed her so she fell backwards, then I put myself on top of her to shield her from the maniac.

This way, with my body shielding her, she wouldn't get hurt if he fired off his gun for a third time. She would stay safe because my body would take the bullet in her place.

"Get up if you want the blonde hottie to live, Thirlwall!" The gunman said.

"You need to lie completely still, Pezza" I told her, my voice barely audible as I looked into her ocean blue eyes.

"What are you going to do?" She whispered.

"Me job."

I removed my body from hers. My heart was beating abnormally fast as I got back up on my feet. Facing the gunman, I put both my hands in the air.

A smile spread across his face. It was that kind of smile you receive from a sibling when him/her succeeded to frame you for something bad they did.

"You would do anything for the blonde, is that right?" He asked.

"I'd go through fire for her" I said sincerely.

"And obviously take a bullet considering you shielded her from me just a minute ago" he said.

"What do you want?" I asked, started to get annoyed with him.

"Hurt people. Kill. Please my boss" he said seriously.

"Who is that boss of yours?" I asked curiously.

"Not knowing who I'm talking about frustrates you."

The smile on his face grew wider. It was obvious he enjoyed this, being one step ahead, knowing things I didn't.

To be honest, this whole situation started to get to me. Him not doing anything but pointing his gun at me was nothing but a waste of time.

"You know, it's a damn hot girl you got there" he grinned.

"Leave her out of this!" I shouted.

I blocked his way as he took a step forward. He pierced his grey, cold eyes into mine, as if he tried to scare me away. He failed miserably.

To scare me, you had to do a lot more than just staring me down. Besides, when my girl was at risk of getting hurt, nothing scared me. I entered a fearless state everytime I had to protect her, because her safety was the most important thing to me.

And that fearless state came in handy most of the time. Like now. Not showing him any fear was to my advantage.

He made another attempt to walk past me. Just like the first time, I blocked his way. There was no way in hell I'd let him go near my girl.

"Get out of the way, officer" he said threateningly.

"Make me" I challenged him.

Within a second his gun was pressed to my chest, aiming at my heart. If he pulled the trigger now, I'd drop dead.