Chapter 19

Last night, right before I was going to bed, I found out that Chester Bennington committed suicide. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I'm absolutely devastated. I grew up listening to Linkin Park, my older siblings used to listen to them all the time, and eventually their music grew on me. It feels like I've lost a dear family member, and I can't even listening to their music without crying. It hurts too much. But I guess that it's the people who save us that can't save themselves.

Rest In Peace, Chester 💗

**

Jade
"What have you done?!" Jesy and I exclaimed in unison, our voices cracking at the end of the sentence from all the emotions washing over us like rain.

Not caring about anything but Perrie and Leigh-Anne, Jesy and I left our spot by my desk and jogged over to the women we both loved deeply. I fell onto my knees the second I arrived by Perrie's side. She looked even worse up close. Her blonde hair had bloodstains a little here and there, as if she had been subjected to some kind of violence to the head. She bled inside her mouth. Her teeth were covered in red, they weren't white anymore. The thin red lines that ran along her cheeks grew thick from the blood that flowed slowly from her half-open mouth.

Fearing my girl had wounds hidden underneath all her soft gorgeous hair, I began searching for them. I ran my hand through her hair, buried my fingers in it so I'd be able to feel the potential wounds.

I stopped the search the moment my index and middle fingers became sticky. I untangled my hand from her hair to take a look. A wave of nausea washed over me when I saw the fresh blood covering my fingers. Perrie bled from her head. It was bad, really bad. I had to get her help, had to do something to stop the bleeding.

"Baby, can you hear me? Are you okay?" I asked anxiously.

I shook her carefully, didn't want to go all out. Sadly, I didn't get a reaction from the blonde beauty. She stayed unconscious. Concerned for Leigh-Anne, I looked away from Perrie for a brief moment to check on the other injured woman. Jesy sat by her side. She tried to bring Leigh-Anne back to consciousness by slapping her gently. Her face was drained of colour as she did so. She was as white as a sheet.

Both Leigh and Perrie had been beaten senseless. But for what reason? Why were they even here? Out of all possible targets out there, why them? Just the thought of them being attacked and then hurt made my blood boil. I was more angry than sad over what happened to the pair. No one had the right to hurt them, no one were allowed to lay a finger on them. Those who broke that rule had to pay the price.

"How's Leigh? Is she alright?" I asked, worried for my girlfriend's best friend.

"She has a pulse, but it's weak" Jesy said sadly.

"We need to get them a doctor" I said.

Jesy hummed in response. I looked away from the pair and placed my gaze at the four men that caused this. They were responsible and one way or another, I'd make them pay for what they'd done to two of the people that meant the world to me.

"Why are you here? Why did you hurt these people?" I asked firmly.

"We're here on a mission, we were ordered to hurt them" the guy with a machete said.

"Who sent you?" I asked curiously.

"And they say you're clever. Who do you think?" The same guy asked.

Of course. Who else would order other people to go after Perrie and Leigh-Anne? Sam knew what they meant to me. He knew I'd do anything to keep them from danger.

"For what reason did he want you to hurt them?" I asked, though I already knew the answer to the, in my opinion, stupid question.

"Hurting them is the only way for us to get you to do what we want you to" he said calmly.