Chapter 7

Perrie
We were almost ready to leave the flat. Jade was doing the last of her makeup while I sprayed myself down with perfume, though I didn't have a sense of smell.

"Lucky me the fever's gone" I said.

"I would've taken you out anyway. I'm not a big fan of third wheeling" Jade said.

She put the mascara back on its place on the third shelf inside the bathroom mirror, then she closed the doors and observed her reflection.

Her warm brown eyes radiated insecurity as she observed herself, causing me to feel an ounce of sadness.

Jade shouldn't feel insecure about herself. She had the body of a goddess, kind eyes, long hair, plump lips and gorgeous legs. There was nothing whatsoever to be insecure about. I wished Jade could see what I saw.

The maroon lace dress on her body emphasized her figure so well. Just looking at her ignited a spark, made me wanna cancel the plans for the night and give Jade a night she would remember for the rest of her life.

So if someone was to feel insecure, it was me. My dress, a black off-shoulder, made me look smaller than I was.

And as Jade had the looks of a Greek goddess, I had the average look of a woman in her early 20's. There was nothing specifically attractive about me, while Jade was sex on legs without even trying.

"You look amazing, baby."

I wrapped my arms around her from behind, holding her body close to mine. She looked at me through the mirror. A warm smile spread across her face.

"You look stunning as well" Jade said softly.

"All eyes will be on you tonight" I said calmly.

"Why's that?" She asked, confused.

"Because you look like a freaking goddess" I said.

"And you don't?" She chuckled.

"No, next to you I look like an average woman" I said sincerely.

"Average?"

Jade released herself from my grip. She turned around so she faced me, her eyes piercing right through me.

"Don't you ever say that about yourself. You are far from average, Pez. You are breathtakingly beautiful. Everytime I lay eyes on you, it's like I stop breathing for a second. I have seen many beautiful girls in me life, but none of them has reached up to your level of beauty. And even when you wear your hair in a ponytail with no makeup on and a pair of grey sweatpants, you're a freaking 20 on a scale from 1-10! So don't come and tell me you look average when you don't" she said.

"You sound exactly like me mam" I smiled.

"Good to know. Now, give me a kiss."

Without an ounce of hesitation, I tilted my head slightly to the left and pressed my nude-coloured lips carefully against hers.

We kept the kiss quick, since neither of us wanted to ruin our lipstick.

"It's 6:30, we better leave if we're gonna be on time" Jade then said.

She walked out of the bathroom, me in a tow, to get the car keys and her purse. While waiting for her to find her things, I put my black high heels on.

Jade appeared in the hallway five minutes later, with everything she needed for the night in her hands.

"Alright, ready to go?" She asked when she had her heels on her feet.

"Yup, I'm ready" I said kindly.

"Great, let's go" she smiled.

At the restaurant.